Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

grocery shopping

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hubby and I went grocery shopping today. We bought all of the groceries wet will need for the next 2 Weeks. Breakfast, lunch, & dinner for myself, hubby, & 3 boys!! The total was $205!! Next time I am trying to coupon!! I am so thrilled right now! I recently fell and had a compound fracture in my foot thar needed emergency surgery. My hubby works but we are losing $1100 a month of my wages at least for awhile and don't really have any savings. So w we have been pretty worried.
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! I feel you, I had multiple breaks and we lost my income too.

250 for five people seems pretty awesome to me!
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
way to go!
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this
I get a weird sense of satisfaction when I save a ton at the grocery store lol
AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Good job!

jackierc80
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I was just so excited! I cannot wait to go with Manuf. Coupons next time!! Not to mention that I managed to walk through the entire store on my crutches without too much trouble.! Two victories in a day! Really paying for that one today though! :*(
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!  Great job.

Carlene82
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great I am so excited for you. Maybe you can give me some tips on how you do that. I seem to spend a lot more for 3 three of us when I go grocery shoppint.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I'd be worried too.  

$205 for 2 weeks worth of groceries is pretty good IMO, especially without using coupons!

jackierc80
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Yes I am definitely hoping to get this healing process going!! :/ smiths actually has an awesome Web site where you can view the weekly ads so I checked what was on sale. Then they also have an in-store coupon tab where you can actually load them directly onto your smiths card (we have one from loaf & jug for gas). Everything we bought was on sale and then we also used our smiths card. We averaged the total (which we had saved $72 from reg. Prices) & # of items and ended up being $1.66 per item. And since we have to drive 90 miles to the nearest town with Walmart, smiths, etc. We waited until after we shopped to fill up on gas so we used the points from our card to get $.30 off per gallon of gas!! Win- win!! :)
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Whoops I misred. 205? Way to go!!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN