Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Our Car Wouldn't Start *update*

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 29 Replies
Yesterday I went to pick up my bridesmaid dress and when I went to leave my car wouldn't start. I was 30min from home and had to have it towed to the nearest Firestone. I had the baby with me, it was a long and exhausting afternoon. And of course when I FINALLY got home I had to order pizza since it was late, I had no time to cook and we needed to eat. I'm waiting to hear from the place about the car and what is wrong with it. If its going to be another day or longer we'll have to rent a car :-( dh cant get to work without it.

Thankfully, it was only the battery. We needed a new one and they gave us an oil change too. They tried to talk us into new tires, which we know we need, but we are going to try to find them for cheaper than what Firestone quoted me. Totally unrelated to this, we got a crack in our windshield last week so that's going to cost us too. Seems its piling up! Anyway, dh picked up the car so no rental and we are onto finding tires! Going to try Walmart first.
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Ugh, that really bites.  Here's hoping it's nothing major and/or expensive.

fingers crossed

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Your mouth to gods ears. Ugh. I've never had any real car trouble so I'm nervous.

Quoting specialwingz:

Ugh, that really bites.  Here's hoping it's nothing major and/or expensive.

fingers crossed

chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Good luck.

RonaH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Been there it bites! lol I hope it not to serious.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM

That really sucks. I'm sorry the day didn't go well.  Hoping car repairs are little to none.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:41 PM

If it's too outrageous, get a second opinion or quote.  I had Tuffy muffler go to replace a muffler once and they ended up creating more damage until I needed  a whole new exhaust system.  I called around and drove the car sans exhaust system one block more to a place that did a great job for half the cost.

rainboz
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Well that sounds inconvenient but hopefully you have all the means to solve all your inconveniences which is good because it better than most.Kirk Franklin has a great song called (Smile) You can find it on You Tube. May there plenty of Sunshine headed your way!

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM

hopefully its a cheap, easy fix!

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:12 PM
That stinks. Happened to my suv. Good luck.
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Sorry that stinks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN