Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What's included on your cell phone plan?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do you use your features enough to justify the cost?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZoeCY
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:02 PM

We have unlimited minutes and texts, and then I think 3 GB of data or something like that.  (We don't have smartphones).  We hardly use any minutes especailly because all of my family has the same carrier and we have a home phone with long distance, texts we definitely use enough of those to justify it (as much as an unecessary thing can be justified of course ;) ), and I'm really not sure about the data- my husband is the only one that uses that. 

At this point we are thinking of getting rid of my cell phone (or switching to another company) because if I did need a phone for some reason during the day I could just take my husband's as he works third shift so he is home and sleeping.

MommyJill87
by Jill on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM
We have the lowest minutes, 700 a month? Unlimited text and we share 1GB of data. We are on wifi most of the time. We use our phones a ton.
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Yep.
Unlimited talk, text and 4gb data. We pay through the nose for Verizon but no other company works well here.

We could go down on unlimited talk but they no longer offer that in a cost effective way.

I have an s4 (soon to be s5) and df has an htc one.

We are both on our phones the majority.of the day.so yes, we get the most for our money
RonaH
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I have 450 anytime minutes, unlimited Mobile to Mobile(any Mobile number I call does not count in my minutes) and unlimited text and data. Before I had my smart-phone I thought I really don't see why I would need one but I doubt ill ever go back. I love it and it more then pays for itself.

Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Unlimited everything
caseyloo
by Casey on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

This

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: Unlimited everything

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I pay $100 a year and use it very little. It's a pay ahead plan. It has nothing on it really but calling and texting. I like to have it for hooking up with family and/or friends and for emergencies or getting lost.

Lisha77
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: Unlimited everything
sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I have Sprint's Unlimited My Way plan.  Unlimited talk and text, with a few internet options.  I chose the unlimited internet since I use it a lot when I'm out and about, and it's worth it not having to worry about overages.  I have two lines on my plan (I share with my sister), and it runs me $150, so $75 per line.  

butterflymomss
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Both dh and I use prepaid through us cellular. We both have unlimited talk, text, and data for $50 for each of us. Definitely worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)