Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Just watch your(general) children. little rant.

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 85 Replies

I love spring, really I do. However, I hate the children that toss their balls at windows on purpose and climb our fence. Every summer the same thing, parents let their kids terrorize the neighbors. I just had to tell some to stop climbing our fence, so what do the little brats do- toss their ball at a neighbors window. Their parents are sitting there chatting and ignoring this. Watch your(general) brats. They don't even look at me when I yell at the kids to stop climbing or tossing a ball at a neighbors window. Ugh~!

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziva65
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Put barbed wire up there :)

just kidding. That would be quite annoying.

ETA how about a prickly plant? Not kidding.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, my sister joked that I should play whack a mole. It is annoying, the parents do nothing to correct this behavior. The boys are about 9 years old and was busted by the cops for smoking the other day. They are probably the ones that stole the street signs that the city hasn't replaced, been gone 2 months now. The kids are bored and causing problems. 

Quoting Ziva65:

Ziva65
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Id be annoyed. Not sure how you address it really. Complaining or calling the police could backfire, I'd be concerned with brats that age and vandalizing my house or cars.

ok, how about making friends, bring cookies? Offer a soda?

we had these neighbor kids that were real brats. We started inviting them over to swim, etc. it worked out ok. I still didn't like them, but at least we sort of made friends with their parents. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

lol, my sister joked that I should play whack a mole. It is annoying, the parents do nothing to correct this behavior. The boys are about 9 years old and was busted by the cops for smoking the other day. They are probably the ones that stole the street signs that the city hasn't replaced, been gone 2 months now. The kids are bored and causing problems. 

Quoting Ziva65:

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
6 moms liked this
The neighbor kid behind me (7) used to climb on his roof and throw red lava rocks at my dogs. We've had to repair our pool pump twice now and I've taken my "goat-dog" (he eats everything) to the vet once. So I recorded him, wrote a nice letter explaining that I have security camera footage documenting their son harassing my dogs and destroying my property. If he continues, I will be filing criminal charges and filing a civil matter with the local court. I cc'd their landlord (I love public records!!!) and now I just get dirty looks. ;-). I teach my kids respect and manners and have this crazy idea that other parents should, too.

Kind of sad too many don't.
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I have no issues calling the police on people. Especially when they are breaking the law. I wouldn't want to be friends with this bunch. I have watched them just ignore their kids, and have the wrong sort of crowd around. They are renters and that duplex is known for criminal activity. Just annoying having to watch someone elses children because they are to lazy. 

Quoting Ziva65:

Id be annoyed. Not sure how you address it really. Complaining or calling the police could backfire, I'd be concerned with brats that age and vandalizing my house or cars.

ok, how about making friends, bring cookies? Offer a soda?

we had these neighbor kids that were real brats. We started inviting them over to swim, etc. it worked out ok. I still didn't like them, but at least we sort of made friends with their parents. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Ziva65:

amanda_mom89
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in an apartment complex made of duplexes. My neighbor (not the one I share a duplex with) has 5 kids under the age of 10. They play outside with no supervision.

Every time I try to take my girls outside (almost 5 and 3)they swarm my porch. If my door is open they try to come in my house.

I have a newborn too and I tried to take the older girls outside while I sat outside in a chair with the baby. Why did I think I could do that? I had to throw a blanket over the baby until I reached the right level of meanness to get them away from my porch. They then tried sitting in a 6 foot radius, staring at me and asking questions.

It's really not the kids fault, it's their lazy parents. Ugh!!

I feel your pain.
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM

It is the parents fault. I am glad we have a fence, I can take the kids out and not worry. Everyone needs their own space to relax. I am so sorry you don't get peace when you go out. 

Quoting amanda_mom89: I live in an apartment complex made of duplexes. My neighbor (not the one I share a duplex with) has 5 kids under the age of 10. They play outside with no supervision. Every time I try to take my girls outside (almost 5 and 3)they swarm my porch. If my door is open they try to come in my house. I have a newborn too and I tried to take the older girls outside while I sat outside in a chair with the baby. Why did I think I could do that? I had to throw a blanket over the baby until I reached the right level of meanness to get them away from my porch. They then tried sitting in a 6 foot radius, staring at me and asking questions. It's really not the kids fault, it's their lazy parents. Ugh!! I feel your pain.

amanda_mom89
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We're only living in this apartment for a little less than a year longer. Probably next February. DH finishes hair school in February and we'll find a house to rent. We need a little more space for our family. Sounds like forever, but I know with 3 small kids it will fly by.

Funny thing is, I'm a juvenile detention officer. So my entire job is to deal with kids who can't follow rules and lack supervision.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

It is the parents fault. I am glad we have a fence, I can take the kids out and not worry. Everyone needs their own space to relax. I am so sorry you don't get peace when you go out. 

Quoting amanda_mom89: I live in an apartment complex made of duplexes. My neighbor (not the one I share a duplex with) has 5 kids under the age of 10. They play outside with no supervision.

Every time I try to take my girls outside (almost 5 and 3)they swarm my porch. If my door is open they try to come in my house.

I have a newborn too and I tried to take the older girls outside while I sat outside in a chair with the baby. Why did I think I could do that? I had to throw a blanket over the baby until I reached the right level of meanness to get them away from my porch. They then tried sitting in a 6 foot radius, staring at me and asking questions.

It's really not the kids fault, it's their lazy parents. Ugh!!

I feel your pain.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I had the same issue in this duplex with the prior renters. They would throw sticks at our dogs, and were caught dealing drugs. Their landlord we call the wicked witch of the East. She rents to the worst people most of the time and has been absolutely nasty to us. She is mad still that the prior owners placed up a fence(ours now) and has been demanding we tear ours down. When I got the city report about property lines, she was told if she kept pushing it she'd have to tear down the sheds that is actually on the area that is supposed to stay vacant for emergency vehicles. Thankfully I don't see much of her anymore. One of her tenants is the kindest couple in the world and they even say she's off her rocker. 

Quoting mybratsmom: The neighbor kid behind me (7) used to climb on his roof and throw red lava rocks at my dogs. We've had to repair our pool pump twice now and I've taken my "goat-dog" (he eats everything) to the vet once. So I recorded him, wrote a nice letter explaining that I have security camera footage documenting their son harassing my dogs and destroying my property. If he continues, I will be filing criminal charges and filing a civil matter with the local court. I cc'd their landlord (I love public records!!!) and now I just get dirty looks. ;-). I teach my kids respect and manners and have this crazy idea that other parents should, too. Kind of sad too many don't.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Glad you will be able to rent a house soon. Is there anything you can do about them ignoring their kids?

Quoting amanda_mom89: We're only living in this apartment for a little less than a year longer. Probably next February. DH finishes hair school in February and we'll find a house to rent. We need a little more space for our family. Sounds like forever, but I know with 3 small kids it will fly by. Funny thing is, I'm a juvenile detention officer. So my entire job is to deal with kids who can't follow rules and lack supervision.
Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting amanda_mom89: I live in an apartment complex made of duplexes. My neighbor (not the one I share a duplex with) has 5 kids under the age of 10. They play outside with no supervision. Every time I try to take my girls outside (almost 5 and 3)they swarm my porch. If my door is open they try to come in my house. I have a newborn too and I tried to take the older girls outside while I sat outside in a chair with the baby. Why did I think I could do that? I had to throw a blanket over the baby until I reached the right level of meanness to get them away from my porch. They then tried sitting in a 6 foot radius, staring at me and asking questions. It's really not the kids fault, it's their lazy parents. Ugh!! I feel your pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN