Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

This is what I made for the meal program at church that feeds the poor

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM
  • 29 Replies
5 moms liked this

I donate baked stuff for dessert once a month for the St. Vincent De Paul meal program with our parish. Since our parishes turn is close to Easter.   I did these cup cakes.  Called them Birds Nests.  They came out rather well.  Did them in variety colored coconut to resemble a birds nest.  So it was Easter color like. I did  yellow, orange, red,purple, blue, green.

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Very cute!
VinVanMom
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Super cute

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Love!
Memere60
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Very sweet and really cute! You have a wonderful heart. You could have slapped together just anything, but you made a special Easter dessert. I got very verklempt (means emotional, Mike Meyers imitating his mother in law)the second I saw them !!! Happy Easter to you easter eggchick(hugs)

MommyJill87
by Jill on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Lovely!!!!
Seasal
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM
That's so nice! Now I want a cupcake : )
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM

how nice!

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM

They were nothing much to put together.  Box lemon cake mix. Can frosting and coconut that I added food coloring to.  Got all the ingredients on sale.  For many of them who eat.  It is the only decent meal they get for the day.  So why not something nice once in a while.  Our parish donates tuna casseroles, mixed veggies and salad for the meal. Along with some of us bake dessert items. For our day to do the meal.  The meal program gets donations of bread,milk and fresh fruit from other sources.  I don't go down to serve the meal.  A guy Mike from church picks up my food.  Drops it off.  They have a bunch of college students who pass out the meal. 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM
That is so thoughtful and they look great!
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

they look great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)