Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Paid through PayPal?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

I notice some of you earn money through survey sites and I am considering doing this for a little extra income for gas and groceries.  I notice many sites want to pay you through paypal and I don't have an account.  We have ran on cash only for the past two years.  Can anyone let me know how it works through paypal?

Thanks

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

paypal gets linked to your bank, you get paid PP and then free transfer to your bank acct in a couple days and then you use the cash anywhere, it is a good option

i also get amazon cards...sometimes walmart or cvs or other places too

elizabooks
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Unless they have changed the rules since I've signed up (15 years ago) you don't need to connect it to a bank account. You can get a pay pal debit card and use that as your bank account.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM

This, when I get paid through My Memories, it comes via Paypal and linked through my bank.When I attached the accounts 2 years ago, it had to be a FICU Bank. You would have to check it out. I get all my survey sites and other business payments through PayPal. LOVE it.

Quoting aneela:

paypal gets linked to your bank, you get paid PP and then free transfer to your bank acct in a couple days and then you use the cash anywhere, it is a good option

i also get amazon cards...sometimes walmart or cvs or other places too

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I think Pay Pal has prepaid debit cards.  You could sign up for one of them. 

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:18 PM

My son has one, he could only use it online. We couldn't figure out how to use it at Comic Con last week at the vendors that had card readers. So I am not to sure how it would work offline.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

I think Pay Pal has prepaid debit cards.  You could sign up for one of them. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I have it linked to my bank account so that I can use it to pay for online purchases via paypal or else move the money back to my bank.  I also have a Paypal debit card that works only if I have money in my Paypal account...I can use it online or at a physical store.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
This. We have PayPal mastercards for our business account. It's a debit and we earn 1% back. not bad considering its a debit card.

Quoting elizabooks:

Unless they have changed the rules since I've signed up (15 years ago) you don't need to connect it to a bank account. You can get a pay pal debit card and use that as your bank account.

Whoisld
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I love Pay Pal!  Registering for an account is easy. Apply for the debit card and you can withdraw your funds at anytime as long as they are available. 

elizabooks
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Do you use a square for your business? I've heard you can link them to the paypal account instead of a traditional brick and morter bank account.

Quoting thefiregoddess: This. We have PayPal mastercards for our business account. It's a debit and we earn 1% back. not bad considering its a debit card.
Quoting elizabooks:

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I'm not sure how it works through those sites, but I am guessing they will deposit to your account and them you would transfer to your bank account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)