To-Die-For Restaurant Nachos Recipe You Can Make in 5 Minutes
Cinco de Mayo is upon us, how better to celebrate than by whipping up a plate of delicious nachos?! It's easy to write off cooking up this killer app at home. All the ingredients make it seem like it might be more than a little time-consuming. Plus, the last thing we want to do with spring finally upon us is turn on the oven, right?
Thankfully, these delicious 5-minute nachos don't even involve your oven. Added bonus? The whole 'it only takes 5 minutes' part. In terms of prep, you're looking at virtually nothing. This recipe mainly includes things you've probably already got hanging around the house. That said, if you want to spice things up and add more (or less), that's up to you. The only thing cooler than how fast and easy these nachos are is how flexible the recipe is. Read on and then go get your yum on!
More from The Stir: 6 Ways to Eat Gluten-Free at Restaurants Without Getting Sick
5-Minute Microwave Nachos
• 1 bag salted corn chips
• 1 cup salsa
• 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
• Guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos (optional, as desired)
1. Arrange the chips on a shallow serving dish or charger. No need to be fussy; the messier the bunch, the easier it is for all the toppings to find their way onto every chip.
2. Pour salsa over chips in a thin layer, as evenly as you can.
3. Sprinkle olives (and other toppings as desired) evenly over the salsa.
4. Top with a generous amount of cheese. I've said 1/2 cup, but more is even better.
5. Sprinkle a thick paper towel with water, make sure it isn't dripping, just moist to the touch.
6. Gently place paper towel over chips.
7. Microwave until cheese is bubbling, about 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Remove towel -- carefully -- and serve while hot, hot, hot!
What's your favorite Mexican dish?