Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

School Clothes

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM
  • 16 Replies

My 5 year old daughter will be starting kindergarten this year. I've started picking up good deals on jeans and stuff to put away for September. I found a pair of Sketcher Bella Ballerina's in one size bigger than she currently wears for $14! I'm so excited! She'll love them!

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Nice deal! 

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mygirl30248
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm fretting about that as well! My daughter goes in to first grade this year. I was thinking of purchasing giftcards to store away in my safe at home that way it's not cash in my bank acct easily spent on other things but if I purchase cards for Kmart or stores like that then it can be used for food if an emergency. I"m also thinking of doing that for Christmas purchasing giftcards. My next trip to a store I'm going to start doing whatever I can $20 card or $10 card whatever. 

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Nice!
Theresa1209
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I do that too! And storing them at home is a great idea because then they won't be available for impulse purchasing! And I do Walmart and Kmart also to save for Christmas for the exact same reason. If we need food, we can use it! You should definately do it, you'll feel so good come November!

Quoting Mygirl30248:

I'm fretting about that as well! My daughter goes in to first grade this year. I was thinking of purchasing giftcards to store away in my safe at home that way it's not cash in my bank acct easily spent on other things but if I purchase cards for Kmart or stores like that then it can be used for food if an emergency. I"m also thinking of doing that for Christmas purchasing giftcards. My next trip to a store I'm going to start doing whatever I can $20 card or $10 card whatever. 

lizfnf
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:25 AM

My daughter loves hers!  Be aware that the school may not allow them, since they aren't flat on the bottom and could pose a tripping hazard.  Just review their policy online.  My daughter's school is pretty permissive so they haven't said anything about not wearing them to school.  Also don't let her wear them on gym days.  They don't bend quite right due to the disc on the bottom and hurt their feet if they're running around in them.  I learned the hard way.  Great deal though!

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:30 AM

My kids are grown now.  So, I thankfully don't have to go through this anymore.  But, I did the same thing.  I found things on sale and stashed them away for Fall.  Socks, underwear, shirts, jeans.  Anything that went on sale, I was there getting ready ahead of time.

mom_of_3_
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM
This is a great idea purchasing gift cards and storing em. I will start doing this also thanks.

Quoting Mygirl30248:

mem82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I have been buying curriculum online. It's a lot cheaper now than it will be in the Fall.
OhSara87
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:19 PM
I'm glad I only have 2 years for each kid to wear whatever they want for school. Once in 1st grade then it's a uniform
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)