Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Spring Cleaning

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 18 Replies

Has anyone started?

Not going to?

Done already? 

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I don't get spring cleaning.  I clean on a regular basis.  So, really, there just isn't any particular time of the year that things need to be done any differently than another.  The only thing that would really fall onto that list would be cleaning out the garden.  But, since we've been in such horrible drought conditions these past 3 years, we just aren't going to have a garden.  We aren't allowed to water it.  And, the water here is so treated, it kills the plants.  So, we just can't win with a vegetable garden in this God-forsaken state.  Which frustrates me to no end!

mom2devin11005
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I did a big spring clean of switching out clothes, cleaning out the kids toys they don't play with anymore, shampoo all the carpets, clean windows inside and out when I was on spring break the beginning of March so I am done until fall when I will need to do it again.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I'm so glad I am not the only one that thinks that way. Hahah!!!

Quoting specialwingz:

Personally, I don't get spring cleaning.  I clean on a regular basis.  So, really, there just isn't any particular time of the year that things need to be done any differently than another.  The only thing that would really fall onto that list would be cleaning out the garden.  But, since we've been in such horrible drought conditions these past 3 years, we just aren't going to have a garden.  We aren't allowed to water it.  And, the water here is so treated, it kills the plants.  So, we just can't win with a vegetable garden in this God-forsaken state.  Which frustrates me to no end!

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Nice that you were able to get things done!

Quoting mom2devin11005:

I did a big spring clean of switching out clothes, cleaning out the kids toys they don't play with anymore, shampoo all the carpets, clean windows inside and out when I was on spring break the beginning of March so I am done until fall when I will need to do it again.

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:50 AM

And, here I was, afraid you would think I was being snobby!  LOL.

Quoting AzariahsMother: I'm so glad I am not the only one that thinks that way. Hahah!!!
Quoting specialwingz:

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Nope!! I have never gotten the Spring Cleaning. Maybe yard work and stuff for those that get 4 seasons and that fun stuff. But I clean daily. Ok maybe not daily, but you know what I mean :P

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting AzariahsMother: I'm so glad I am not the only one that thinks that way. Hahah!!!

Quoting specialwingz:

specialwingz
by Corey on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I know exactly what you mean!  =)

Quoting AzariahsMother: Nope!! I have never gotten the Spring Cleaning. Maybe yard work and stuff for those that get 4 seasons and that fun stuff. But I clean daily. Ok maybe not daily, but you know what I mean :P
Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting specialwingz:

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I have started deep cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. I stopped because our neighbor upstair is having a ventilator leakage that causing our dining area and laundry room flooded. After the maintenance fix it, I'll do the rest deep cleaning.
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Well for me the only spring cleaning I do is just the boys closets and toys, but otherwise I clean all year long lol

Ah and we do our gardening this time of year
TLC4theworld
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 6:38 PM
When it's warm enough I need to pull out the summer clothes and put away the winter clothes. Wash and seal the winter blankets before I put them away. We currently live in Belgium so I don't do spring cleaning till all the little bugs are dead that come out of the wheat fields. They can go through the screens and Europe doesn't believe in AC. And till the veggie plots. But other then those things I do every thing during the week. For me spring clean is a way of naming off chores that are not done all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN