Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

here we go...again

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM
  • 28 Replies

DH came home last night and said to prepare for another layoff next week.  I don't know how we're going to get through without emptying our savings just to pay the bills.

If it's not one thing, it's another.  Maybe we're just meant to be broke, to never get ahead.

by on May. 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2IA
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:55 AM

So sorry you are going through this.  It does get tough.  At least you do have some savings.  Wishing you the best.

RonaH
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Goodness I dont know how you deal with that constantly. Sorry!
BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on May. 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your dh's job. Guess we're in the same boat here. Life can be hard sometimes, but I know God has better plans for us. Hang in there.
BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on May. 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Do you know when it's going to happen? I just got laid off a month ago and heard the company I worked for just laid off some more people. So sad and depressing. :(
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 1, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Quoting BeachLifeMama: Do you know when it's going to happen? I just got laid off a month ago and heard the company I worked for just laid off some more people. So sad and depressing. :(

next week

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 1, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Oh, Rhonda.  So sorry to hear this.  I know you mentioned before something about moving.  Has there been anymore discussion on that?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM

it would work, if we had the money to do so.  We know where we want to go, but realistically our house wouldn't sell for much IF it sold, and our savings is rapidly being depleted. 

Quoting specialwingz:

Oh, Rhonda.  So sorry to hear this.  I know you mentioned before something about moving.  Has there been anymore discussion on that?

e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh! So sorry to hear that! Hang in there wonder woman!  If anyone can handle it...its YOU!  You work waaayyyyy too hard to not eventually reap the benefits.  Keep the faith and know we have your back.  This too shall pass!  group hug

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 1, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I know exactly how that goes.  =/

Quoting michiganmom116:

it would work, if we had the money to do so.  We know where we want to go, but realistically our house wouldn't sell for much IF it sold, and our savings is rapidly being depleted. 

Quoting specialwingz:

linz04060913
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I'm sorry. Been there. What does your husband do??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)