• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

credit score

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM
  • 3 Replies
Ack! If someone tried to steal my identity theywould give it right back.

Hubby and I wanted to buy a house. After the bank turned us down and hubby and walked out I was pretty sure I could hear all of the bankers laughing behind the closed door.

I will NOT file for bankruptcy. I stand before the long bumpy road to slowly pay off all of my bills. Who has two thumbs and jacked up her credit... yup this girl.

Any advise on where to start to repair? I have now credit cards but I do have a school loan in default, a slew oh unpaid hospital bills and some past bank issues (lower head in shame)

by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Print out your credit report from all 3 bureau think it's annual creditscore.com and you can get all 3 but you can only access it once a year so printing is wise. Most places that you owe will settle if you start payment plan. Try not to pay all the creditors interest if you can I knocked $300 in interest before gotta stand strong
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 4, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Even if you paid everything off tomorrow, it'll still take time for your score to go up.

I would start by printing off a credit report as the PP suggested, then start by paying off the smallest bill in collections, then the next smallest, then the next smallest, etc.  In my experience, those collections accounts are big red flags to banks.  When you've paid one off and the payment clears, CALL the company you paid and have them remove it from your credit report.  HOUND them until they do it!

Once those bills in collections are paid off, start paying off credit cards the same way...smallest first, then next smallest, etc.  I wouldn't close them all because having open lines of credit actually does your credit good, but keep only the oldest ones.

You can go to creditkarma.com, sign up (it's free), and that site will also help you determine what other actions to take to improve your credit score, along with giving you a FREE credit score whenever you want.

diane.bodeker
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM
We are going though a credit assistance program called lighthouse... it was suggested though the military.They dispute things on a credit report that should not be there.... but lets face it have have to take responsibility for quite a few of these.

I know this will take time and I a prepared for that. I appreciate the advise on here and will defiantly get a copy of everything so I can start paying this down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)