Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What is good at getting food smells out of clothes

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM
  • 20 Replies

I work in food service.  I try using laundry soap with lots of scent.  Sometimes I can still smell hints of the food that we serve.  Especially the fried stuff.  A girl at work said Tide Sport.  I don't care for Tide soap in general. Now I do have a bottle of Febreeze for pet odor.  I was looking at ideas for laundry soap or something like that.

by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this
A cup of vinegar in the wash - gets all the smells out.

And no, there is no vinegar smell after.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on May. 23, 2014 at 1:03 AM
I also use vinegar.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 23, 2014 at 6:24 AM

I agree:  vinegar works GREAT.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 23, 2014 at 6:29 AM
I use tide sport. Df works as a cook.. it's the only thing I've found that gets out the oil stink.
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Thanks. One of the girls said Tide Sport was best at greasy smells.  I will try it.  Just was never a fan of tide products. 

Quoting thefiregoddess: I use tide sport. Df works as a cook.. it's the only thing I've found that gets out the oil stink.

caseyloo
by Casey on May. 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I also work in the food industry. I make my own laundry soap that works great at getting smells and stains out.  But I also agree that the vinegar will work.  Plus it will work as a fabric softener too.

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I find if i cant get a smell out, adding vinegar to the soap portion and sprinking the drum with baking soda does the trick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM
I too hate tide, vinegar has always worked for me and DH works in food industry too
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I bought some Tide Sport to see how it does.  I never liked original Tide. Now they got  several new products.  I'll give this a try. 

Quoting sakpoints: I too hate tide, vinegar has always worked for me and DH works in food industry too

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Maybe vinegar.

I buy the Downy Unstoppable heads since SO sweats really bad and his clothes stink even after wash. Those have helped a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)