Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What is good at getting food smells out of clothes

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM
  • 20 Replies

I work in food service.  I try using laundry soap with lots of scent.  Sometimes I can still smell hints of the food that we serve.  Especially the fried stuff.  A girl at work said Tide Sport.  I don't care for Tide soap in general. Now I do have a bottle of Febreeze for pet odor.  I was looking at ideas for laundry soap or something like that.

by on May. 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this
A cup of vinegar in the wash - gets all the smells out.

And no, there is no vinegar smell after.
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 23, 2014 at 1:03 AM
I also use vinegar.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on May. 23, 2014 at 6:24 AM

I agree:  vinegar works GREAT.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 23, 2014 at 6:29 AM
I use tide sport. Df works as a cook.. it's the only thing I've found that gets out the oil stink.
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Thanks. One of the girls said Tide Sport was best at greasy smells.  I will try it.  Just was never a fan of tide products. 

Quoting thefiregoddess: I use tide sport. Df works as a cook.. it's the only thing I've found that gets out the oil stink.

caseyloo
by Casey on May. 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I also work in the food industry. I make my own laundry soap that works great at getting smells and stains out.  But I also agree that the vinegar will work.  Plus it will work as a fabric softener too.

lillucky8
by Jen on May. 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I find if i cant get a smell out, adding vinegar to the soap portion and sprinking the drum with baking soda does the trick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sakpoints
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM
I too hate tide, vinegar has always worked for me and DH works in food industry too
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I bought some Tide Sport to see how it does.  I never liked original Tide. Now they got  several new products.  I'll give this a try. 

Quoting sakpoints: I too hate tide, vinegar has always worked for me and DH works in food industry too

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Maybe vinegar.

I buy the Downy Unstoppable heads since SO sweats really bad and his clothes stink even after wash. Those have helped a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)