Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Welcome to Frugalistas! Introduce yourself here!

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 11:49 AM
  • 71 Replies

holding cloth bagWelcome to the Frugalistas group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other moms who are looking to save money and live more frugally just like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What do you do to save money?
2. What's one thing in your budget could do without but don't want to?
3. What advice do you have for someone just learning how to be frugal? 

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

Enjoy the group!

have a nice dayAmy

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi! New here. I'm Christa I have 3 daughters.
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone. I'm Luci.

1. What do you do to save money? I buy local produce when in season, watch for sales, and coupon.
2. What's one thing in your budget could do without but don't want to?  Eating out at nice restaurants.
3. What advice do you have for someone just learning how to be frugal?  Write down everything you spend for a month, every penny, so you can see where you spend your money.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi Christa!  How old are your daughters?  Are they like my kids and eating you out of house and home lately?

Quoting proudmommy690: Hi! New here. I'm Christa I have 3 daughters.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Hi Luci!

I don't want to give up eating out either, it's just too much fun!  Do you have a favorite place you like to eat out?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Hi everyone. I'm Luci.

1. What do you do to save money? I buy local produce when in season, watch for sales, and coupon.2. What's one thing in your budget could do without but don't want to?  Eating out at nice restaurants. 3. What advice do you have for someone just learning how to be frugal?  Write down everything you spend for a month, every penny, so you can see where you spend your money.

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Hello :) my daughter's are 7, 4 (5 in 2 months) and 2.5yrs. My youngest one is my huge eater...but she'd rather snack all day than eat a regular meal. But it must be helping more than just meals because she's gained about 3-4 lbs since February! Lol they drink me out of house and home more than anything lmbo.

How old are your kids

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi Christa!  How old are your daughters?  Are they like my kids and eating you out of house and home lately?

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Mostly small local places. We have lots of restaurants here. I especially like seafood places, from little fish shacks in marinas to fine dining. As far as chains, I like Bonefish and Landry's. How about you?

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi Luci!

I don't want to give up eating out either, it's just too much fun!  Do you have a favorite place you like to eat out?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Hi everyone. I'm Luci.

1. What do you do to save money? I buy local produce when in season, watch for sales, and coupon.2. What's one thing in your budget could do without but don't want to?  Eating out at nice restaurants. 3. What advice do you have for someone just learning how to be frugal?  Write down everything you spend for a month, every penny, so you can see where you spend your money.

Jenneyefer
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello everyone!

My kids are older (sons 15 & 22) but I'm an Artist/Face Painter & recent Breast Cancer Survivor :) I grew up with WWII Depression Era parents so I was raised to recycle before it was a word and I sure do know how to be frugal yes ma'am ladies :)

Married 27 years, 100% self employed(so is my husband) & healing GREAT from final reconstruction and ready to Face Paint for Moms!   My 15yr old son is a high functioning ASD who is counting down school and is a sensitive yet blunt darlingheart.  My 22yr old son is our in house Geek who can fix/update computers whilst his personal goal is Army bound by Fall..anything that baffles me about my computer, he's my go-to guy :)

Appreciate being added to the group, I need to be directed to where I can post about my Face Painting :)

Thanks sincerely, J

Jenneyefer
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:33 AM
2 moms liked this

1. What do you do to save money?

Buy generics for all  my staples

2. What's one thing in your budget could do without but don't want to?

Difficult to say, I used to say chocolate but after chemo it's just never been the same (odd for sure!)
3. What advice do you have for someone just learning how to be frugal? 

Credit cards are THE worst way to have trouble being frugal (that's my opinion) so I do without them

As a professional Artist, I sure have learned that everyone likes Art & Music as entertainment, and as a frugal person, I always offer my Artfulness as a Face Painter in the most affordable ways I can.  My college training is Art, my background is Customer Service (over 30yrs) so that combination plus being a seasoned mom, I do understand moms trying to save money :)

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are 26 (lives on his own), almost 17 and 13.  They youngest one drinks a lot of milk too, and that stuff is getting expensive!

Quoting proudmommy690: Hello :) my daughter's are 7, 4 (5 in 2 months) and 2.5yrs. My youngest one is my huge eater...but she'd rather snack all day than eat a regular meal. But it must be helping more than just meals because she's gained about 3-4 lbs since February! Lol they drink me out of house and home more than anything lmbo. How old are your kids
Quoting amonkeymom:

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Welcome to the group! So awesome to be a breast cancer survivor!

Quoting Jenneyefer:

Hello everyone!

My kids are older (sons 15 & 22) but I'm an Artist/Face Painter & recent Breast Cancer Survivor :) I grew up with WWII Depression Era parents so I was raised to recycle before it was a word and I sure do know how to be frugal yes ma'am ladies :)

Married 27 years, 100% self employed(so is my husband) & healing GREAT from final reconstruction and ready to Face Paint for Moms!   My 15yr old son is a high functioning ASD who is counting down school and is a sensitive yet blunt darlingheart.  My 22yr old son is our in house Geek who can fix/update computers whilst his personal goal is Army bound by Fall..anything that baffles me about my computer, he's my go-to guy :)

Appreciate being added to the group, I need to be directed to where I can post about my Face Painting :)

Thanks sincerely, J

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN