Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I won't shop in stores for sneakers anymore!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:06 PM
  • 35 Replies
S/o loves his $100 pairs of Nike. He has recently bought himself three pairs.

I bought him a pair of "play" sneakers on amazon for just $24.95 for DC sneakers which are normally $80+.

Total he has 4 pairs of sneakers. He hadn't gotten new ones for a long time. $325 total.

Now mine were all bought online: neon pink and black converse for $25, black and teal Skechers for $30, two DCs for about $25 apiece, a pair of white canvas Keds for $30 and one pair of "dress" sneakers with spiked studs and fake leather for $20... $155 for six pairs of new sneakers :)

Olivia received three DCs : 2 at $25 and 1 at $18 and one pair of converse for $20. Less than $100 for four pairs of sneakers.

Alexander got two pairs of Nike in store: $80 for one pair, $50 for the other and one pair of $25 pair of DCs I bought on amazon.... $155 for three pairs.

Needless to say: amazon it is from now on. lol we are all in adult sizes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!  My kids LOVE DCs too!

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM
They're so comfy. I love them. Some are still pricey at normal price, but if you look individually per size and style they have good deals

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

The last 2 pairs I bought for the kids were from Amazon....$80 shoes for $35!

Quoting acrogodess: They're so comfy. I love them. Some are still pricey at normal price, but if you look individually per size and style they have good deals
Quoting michiganmom116:

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Yeah, the fact that dd is an 8.5 in women's and ds is an 11 in men's sneakers well- amazon it is! I didn't mind the $50 nike though. The $80 was a bit much to me. My kids are just 11 and 13. They still have a lot of growing left. Lol
Quoting michiganmom116:

The last 2 pairs I bought for the kids were from Amazon....$80 shoes for $35!

Quoting acrogodess: They're so comfy. I love them. Some are still pricey at normal price, but if you look individually per size and style they have good deals

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like good deals.

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Good deals.

I have to try my shoes on to see if they fit before buying.
mnmo3bb
by Amy on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM

I didn't know this! Usually clothing is more on there... hmm... I need to check this out! Usually we shop Target and it's great for short term wear but when they start wearing a shoe for more than a few months I need something tougher!

acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:47 AM
I always search low to high so it automatically gives me the lowest priced shoes. :)

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I didn't know this! Usually clothing is more on there... hmm... I need to check this out! Usually we shop Target and it's great for short term wear but when they start wearing a shoe for more than a few months I need something tougher!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:51 AM
Dc shoes are cheap everywhere. No one pays more than $25 for them.
acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:56 AM
When I see them in stores I see them for $65 and up. Same as Osiris sneakers. Very popular with the skateboarding crowd. I don't know where you live, but obviously it isn't "everywhere"

Quoting kgsharber: Dc shoes are cheap everywhere. No one pays more than $25 for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)