Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Tis the Season!

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you feel about garage sales?

Options:

Love them! Have and/or go often

Eh, take them or leave them

Avoid like the plague

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

School is out or almost out in most areas.  The Garage and Yard sale season seems to be in full swing.  How do you feel about garage sales?  Do you go to them, have them, or stay far, far away?

by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I rarely have time to go
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I used to go to them many yrs ago
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:43 PM
I never go. I said take em or leave em.
IAmALionessof4
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I avoid the ones where it looks as if closets and clothes drivers vomited all over the driveway.
nebcutie
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Love them!! Just got a crib,swing and jogging stroller for $85 this weekend!!
michelle623
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I like going to them.

ScrChk23
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Nice!

Quoting nebcutie: Love them!! Just got a crib,swing and jogging stroller for $85 this weekend!!

ScrChk23
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I will do this too, some times.

Quoting IAmALionessof4: I avoid the ones where it looks as if closets and clothes drivers vomited all over the driveway.

elizabooks
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I have a large yard off of a side street that is near three churches and a moose lodge that always have saturday and sunday functions.I used to do a lot of sales, but have run out of extra stuff. So now I host yard sales.

I charge 20-25% of the sales, supply the tables, signs and ads. I will also run the sale in the early am if the person cannot get there on time.All they have to do is bring the stuff-priced- the day before.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Honestly if I stopped at every garage sale (or any) for that matter DD would take so long playing around & no doubt would want something. 

What I do is just take a quick peek while driving by. I don't slow down like those morons who basically stop in the road almost causing a crash. If I want to peek for a minute I pull over, but if something catches my eye I'll stop if not I honestly do not have the time. Also I rarely have cash on me. But yes there are good deals to be had at them I just do not have the time. 

Last year I got DD a drum set for $7, now I don't have the room for one, it gets played with outdoors mostly & if it had been any more money I'd never gotten her one but since it was only $7 it's good entertainment for her every so often. It does go in the shed in the winter time though except the smaller drums I'll put in the closet & she can bang on those from time to time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)