Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Loyalty Cards

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:11 PM
  • 32 Replies

Do you have any loyalty cards that you have been able to benefit from?

credit card

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Several!  Most notably my Giant card where I earn points to save money on gas.  I once hoarded points and manages to score $1.20 off per gallon!

Janet
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Yeah, we have one we earn gas too. I only buy their groceries that are on sale. We get our prescriptions there and they count, so it can add up pretty fast.

ablox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Kroger which is a grocery store that you can earn points for gas. I also have cards for CVS, Rite Aid, An Walgreens which I almost never use
MommyJill87
by Jill on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Safeway, Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, kohls, target pharmacy.
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Yes from a few stores

Reese2010727
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Shop your way..at least 3 times a year, I have trips where I end up paying less than a dollar out of pocket

Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid are great too
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM

No , I do not have any loyalty cards,  I did have like a coupon card for a restaurant here in town which I use a lot but it was only good for 3 months 

anotherandree
by Inga on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Fry's (part of Kroger), Best Buy, Bev Mo, Petsmart, Target pharmacy

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM

i use my CVS one when I go there to shop....they have great sales and deals with their card

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Ralphs, Vons, and Rite Aid.  I don't bother with using my points on the Ralphs card because they can only be used for gas at Shell, and only up to 20 cents off per gallon each time.  Shell is wayyy more than 20 cents higher than the Arco I use, so it's not worth it.  I like that I can get better prices on groceries by using my Ralphs card, though.  The last time I shopped there, I spent about $70 after saving over $40 in loyalty and coupons.

As for Rite Aid, I only really go there to pick up my prescription, and since insurance fully covers the cost, I don't get any points for my prescription.  I signed up for the loyalty card because that's kind of a default thing for me.  That's pretty much how I got the Vons card.  I don't shop there because they are so obscenely expensive, but someone gave us a Vons gift card when were going through a tough time.  So, I signed up while I was checking out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN