Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Be Honest! Confessions of a Frugalista

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 25 Replies
Ever find a good deal, that's so good, that you don't want to tell anyone, for fear there may not be enough for you?

True confessions...tell us your frugalista secrets ;). You don't have to name names if you are saving a deal for yourself :)
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
***raising hand***Normally if I find a good deal, or freebie, I tell everyone. There have been times though, that I make sure I get my limit first. There have been times I have avoided telling my local peeps for fear that good deal would run out. My most recent is a certain website I get curriculum for sooooo cheap that I'm afraid to tell my fellow homeschool moms, because I'm afraid I won't be able to get the things I'm looking for, hahaha!
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I have never done that

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I usually tell everyone because I want them to be able to get it, too. I've never seen a deal that I thought would run out before I got what I wanted.

jwhit8791
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM

LOL, is it a local deal?  Come on......you can tell me (we homeschooling mommas gotta stick together!)

Quoting Angela4boys: ***raising hand***Normally if I find a good deal, or freebie, I tell everyone. There have been times though, that I make sure I get my limit first. There have been times I have avoided telling my local peeps for fear that good deal would run out. My most recent is a certain website I get curriculum for sooooo cheap that I'm afraid to tell my fellow homeschool moms, because I'm afraid I won't be able to get the things I'm looking for, hahaha!

mnmo3bb
by Amy on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well... sometimes I tell people AFTER I've gotten my deals worth hahaha

opal10161973
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I tell them all no matter what.  I have been irritated as heck over shelf-clearing aholes though.  I may buy 4 chickens when they go on sale for $1.07/pound, but I don't clear the place out, dang!  Yeah, I may buy 6 boxes of cereal when I find a good deal, but I refuse to be so selfish that I would take them all!

ablackdolphin
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Yes! Usually on kid activity deals or entertainment deals
RonaH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Nah, I'm a big blabber mouth sometimes I get upset when people dont try and get the deal! LOL

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM
I love to share a great deal...but sometimes ;). Like recently I got a tip on a store that had eggs by the dozen for 50 cents. I did share, but I just wanted to be sure I was able to get some, lol!

Quoting SweetLuci:

I usually tell everyone because I want them to be able to get it, too. I've never seen a deal that I thought would run out before I got what I wanted.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Well, one is local (but I tell everyone, because they won't be running out) it's a monthly book sale, adult books and text books/curriculum is $1 each! And children's books, and that is a loose classification because I've seen Harry potter and stuff like that in there too, is $10 for a full grocery bag full...as many as you can fit. Last month I got 85 books for $20. It's a huge warehouse! I get so excited leading up to that sale!

The other is a website...you may know of it. Lol. Shipping is always free, doesn't matter if you spend $2 or $1000+ all free. I bought a few hundred dollars worth of books last week for $30.

Quoting jwhit8791:

LOL, is it a local deal?  Come on......you can tell me (we homeschooling mommas gotta stick together!)

Quoting Angela4boys: ***raising hand***Normally if I find a good deal, or freebie, I tell everyone. There have been times though, that I make sure I get my limit first. There have been times I have avoided telling my local peeps for fear that good deal would run out. My most recent is a certain website I get curriculum for sooooo cheap that I'm afraid to tell my fellow homeschool moms, because I'm afraid I won't be able to get the things I'm looking for, hahaha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)