Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

My son is so happy!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

I logged on to Steam and they were having their Summer sale.He is always asking for games but we don't have a whole lot of money so he doesn't always get them. Anyway I got him the lego movie game for 7.49 and it's usually 30 plus battle block theater and castle crashers for 2.49. 

The lego movie game just came out in February. I love a sale.

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RonaH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM

That is great. I bet he was super happy. ;)

angelachristine
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM
He was. He'd been begging for those games especially the Lego one for a long time.

Quoting RonaH:

That is great. I bet he was super happy. ;)

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I've never heard of Steam, I'll have to check it out.

angelachristine
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I think the deals I got might be over. they are having a sale and the items are only on sale for a certain length of time. New stuff is on sale now. It's like a web server thing for games. You buy the games but they are only for the computer. You just get a download.

So you have to check the requirements and make sure your computer can play them before you buy them. I'm not sure how they do it but they manage to have the prices so low. I wish xbox would have their downloads cheap because most of my friends don't do the computer gaming but xbox usually wants full price even if it is just a download and I'm too cheap for that. lol

the website is steam powered .com

Quoting amonkeymom:

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting angelachristine:

I think the deals I got might be over. they are having a sale and the items are only on sale for a certain length of time. New stuff is on sale now. It's like a web server thing for games. You buy the games but they are only for the computer. You just get a download.

So you have to check the requirements and make sure your computer can play them before you buy them. I'm not sure how they do it but they manage to have the prices so low. I wish xbox would have their downloads cheap because most of my friends don't do the computer gaming but xbox usually wants full price even if it is just a download and I'm too cheap for that. lol

the website is steam powered .com

Quoting amonkeymom:

karla41164
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Did you buy anything for the holidays? When seeing a great sale like that then is the time to stock up!

angelachristine
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM

well it's a game download site you don't get an actual copy of the games but they usually have a winter one too and he got some games then that I said were part of Christmas. lol

Quoting karla41164:

Did you buy anything for the holidays? When seeing a great sale like that then is the time to stock up!

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Thats great!

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:23 PM

That's awesome! :) I have been looking through that sale for a new game but so far nothing's jumping out at me.

Memere60
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I'm happy for him! high fivegood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)