Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cards

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

I am interested in how frugal people like me buy cards.

When you are choosing a card for a friend or family member... do you pick the cheapest card, do you give it a lot of thought and choose the best card for the person, do you make your own card, does it depend on who the card is for?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Depends. I buy expensive for sympathy cards, and cards for my grandfather and daughtereveryone else I've ever sent a card to cares more about what I write inside so I select a card that suits them but in a lesser price range.
diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:29 PM
It depends. I buy expensive cards for my family members.
I look for the cheapest card when buying a card for my boys friends for a birthday party.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I shop at the dollar stores for cards, but I buy the one that fits the person the best.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I check thrift stores and yard sales for cards often and pick up a bunch I like, I currently have three zip lock bgs full of miscolanious cards and one pof christmas cards, some were given to me after my Grandma passed away. Sometimes if I need a specific card I will go to the store and buy one. Sometimes it is what is cheapest, other times I will spend more.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to send cards to people and do it to some people I meet on here and on heronetwork.com so I like to get them cheap

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy cards at Dollar Tree & pick the best card I could find for that person.
AiW
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just thinking about this topic earlier today. I send cards for birthdays, condolences, or special occasions. Depending on the person or occasion, I might spend more or less. Also, if I spend a lot on a gift, I try to cut back on the price of the card. However, I was wondering what other people do. I recently lost my father, and was surprised at the number of cards I got. Those closest to me sent cards, but others did not. I got a lot of Facebook condolences, but for some of those people, a card would have been appropriate. It seems now that people are sending less notes and cards, thinking a text or brief FB message suffices. If I'm close enough to someone, I would send a card, and would hope the same in return.
diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Quoting AiW: I was just thinking about this topic earlier today. I send cards for birthdays, condolences, or special occasions. Depending on the person or occasion, I might spend more or less. Also, if I spend a lot on a gift, I try to cut back on the price of the card. However, I was wondering what other people do. I recently lost my father, and was surprised at the number of cards I got. Those closest to me sent cards, but others did not. I got a lot of Facebook condolences, but for some of those people, a card would have been appropriate. It seems now that people are sending less notes and cards, thinking a text or brief FB message suffices. If I'm close enough to someone, I would send a card, and would hope the same in return.
Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

we have never been a card family. that sounds stupid when I type it but its just not something we ever did. The only time I remember doing cards and really the only time I do them now is for get well cards and if i am giving money or a gift card.

melliburger
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM

We usually go to the cheaper cards first. Or I make myown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)