Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you use a shopping list?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

Or just buy as you go?

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Shopping list, definitely.  If I don't, I spend 20% more than if I do.

DH and DD do the grocery shopping when I'm working, and if they didn't have a list it would be a disaster.

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I use a list.   I would forget all the stuff I needed if I didn't.

lady_katie
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, and it's specific to the point where I list out the anticipated cost of each item (many are exact) and the anticipated total. That way I know before I even go shopping where I stand with the budget that week and can make adjustments beforehand if I need to.
lyrick24
by Melissa on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM

shopping list

OliviaW.
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Sometimes. I always make a list so I know for sure what I need but therre are times I'll pick up things that aren't on it. 

kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM
This is what I do lol. Sometimes I'll forget were low on something or I need a certain thing for..whatever reason and just grab it.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Sometimes. I always make a list so I know for sure what I need but therre are times I'll pick up things that aren't on it. 

OliviaW.
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Same here. There are times that there's a sale going on on something that we always use but it's not on the list. I'm going to get those 10 boxes of pasta for only $10 even if they're not on my list. 

Quoting kmencl3210: This is what I do lol. Sometimes I'll forget were low on something or I need a certain thing for..whatever reason and just grab it.
Quoting OliviaW.:

Debmomto2girls
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM

List.  We have it on our iphones so it is an electronic list which makes it easier.

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I use a list. I go through and match coupons to ads and put it all down on a list so I know I have a coupon for it also

kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I do that sometimes. Especially if its something like at our one grocery store, they'll have 10 for $10 on curtains tuff and you get an extra .10 off gas rewards. Like with yogurt, I know it'll be eaten before it goes bad and I get that bonus of .10 lol

Quoting OliviaW.:

Same here. There are times that there's a sale going on on something that we always use but it's not on the list. I'm going to get those 10 boxes of pasta for only $10 even if they're not on my list. 

Quoting kmencl3210: This is what I do lol. Sometimes I'll forget were low on something or I need a certain thing for..whatever reason and just grab it.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)