Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Angel Soft® Lasts Longer Than Acrobatics Lessons for Squirrels

By GFunkified on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM

A roll of toilet paper. TOILET PAPER. Bottom shelf. Turn around, right behind you. BEHIND YOU. Turn AROUND. YES. Now pull one out of the pack. It's open somewhere. Feel around. There's a HOLE IN THE PACK. Fine, go get the scissors. IN THE KITCHEN. Cut the plastic. Pull a roll out. No, just one. FINE. Bring me the whole pack. I DON'T CARE JUST BRING IT TO ME.

Giving my kids directions is like trying to teach the neighborhood squirrel acrobatics. Sometimes, I think maybe I should just ask the neighborhood squirrel to bring me another roll! Or the cat....I bet I could get the cat to do it.

The only thing worse than trying to get a small child to bring me a roll of toilet paper is loading up all four kids and dragging them to the grocery store just because we ran out. So, when I go grocery shopping, I stock up on a 12 pack of Angel Soft® so that doesn't ever happen. Those rolls last a long time, thank goodness, because they're the thickest Angel Soft® sheets ever and double rolls, with 60% more sheets per roll than Charmin® Ultra Strong. That guarantees that I'll run out of milk long before I run out of toilet paper.

Not only are they strong sheets, but they're a great value, so I can splurge on other bathroom goodies, like the salon shampoo that makes your hair so much silkier but costs three times as much as your regular brand, the makeup that the lady at the counter expertly applied, making your eyelashes three times longer, or the rug that magically absorbs all of the splashed-out bath water from the kids' baths.

I might still hear "MOM! There's no more toilet paper!" when I need to bring a new roll to a kid, but at least I won't hear "MOM! Can we get a toy?!" because I had to take them all to the store.

What would you splurge on for the bathroom if you saved money with Angel Soft®?

GFunkified About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • Wish2Be
  • by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • Angel Soft is my go to toilet paper. I dont feel that I am splurging for it though...its usually cheaper than most other brands :)

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN