Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

How much do you pay for child care?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM
  • 22 Replies

If you work and pay for day care, what do you pay per hour?

If you just want to go out for dinner, what do you pay someone to sit?

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM
$105 per week for part-time. Only grandmas allowed to watch them and they are free.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Nothing.

My boys are in school when I work my day job. When I work my second job I bring my younger two boys with me.

virginiamama71
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Before my son went to school we paid $700 month for in home daycare.

when he started school it was $300/ month for after school care

and starting this fall his after school care is $50/month

I have never sent my son to a sitter so I can go out. We go out as a family and sometimes with family.

lady_katie
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:45 PM
If we hire a sitter (on rare occasion) we hire my sons aide from school and pay her $12 per hour (she's trained to handle special needs kids), but when we use use "prime time plus" at the YMCA, it comes to $5 per hour, which is awesome, especially since they are surprisingly great with him and I actually feel comfortable leaving him in their care.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Day care for us was by the week not the hour.

It was $150 for the first child and $10 off for each additional child. That was 3 years ago, in a relatively small town, at a Baptist church daycare. (We loved it.)

I don't pay babysitters right now. We do not have family in town, but have a really great network of friends who have kept us in the business of free childcare as long as we've needed it. I often do babysitting trades, but also have several older friends with grown kids who are happy to give us date-nights whenever we ask.

It is a blessing indeed. Esp. since I'm about to have baby #4.

Beatlemama
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:52 PM

We pay $125 a week for an in-home daycare. The oldest is in 1st grade at the school I work at, so no daycare fees for him.  We don't hire sitters, their grandmother watches them if we go out (which isn't very often).

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Dont use one here.My kids are older

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM

room & board for a former Marine....he keeps my teens in line and the house clean!

caustinb
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:09 PM
$140/week for my youngest, $70/week before and after care for my oldest. So $210 total.
trulyblessed618
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:11 PM
275$ a week for two kids..that's for 3 days. ..comes to 90$ a day plus 5$ extra they ask for ...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)