Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you buy them there or sneak them in?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM
  • 68 Replies
When you go to the movies, do you buy your snacks there or do you buy then elsewhere and sneak them in?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Barely go but if we do, we eat first before going.
MrsApple
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

We usually buy popcorn and drink there but we will stop at the dollar store for other snacks if we want more than popcorn.I refuse to pay $5 for the same snack I can get for $1.

ladyvamp5489
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

both, we buy at dollar tree candy and snacks, but buy the soda there.  thats if we snack at all. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
We do the same usually. Walmart has the movie theater sized snacks for $1.

Quoting MrsApple:

We usually buy popcorn and drink there but we will stop at the dollar store for other snacks if we want more than popcorn.I refuse to pay $5 for the same snack I can get for $1.

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

We buy popcorn there but I take in bottled water and any candy they may want.  They charge way too much for candy at the movies.  You can get all of them for a dollar at Walmart.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We rarely go but when we do we will buy popcorn and a drink to share.  Thankfully we have a movie theater that isn't crazy priced in our area still.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Have you ever had a theater tell you that you can bring water in?

Quoting pixiemg1:

We buy popcorn there but I take in bottled water and any candy they may want.  They charge way too much for candy at the movies.  You can get all of them for a dollar at Walmart.

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I bring in my own water in my bag as I always have one there anyway, and some diabetic candy if I want that. I will buy popcorn and soda but not the ginormous sizes. The pricing for snax at our local theater is more than the cost of the tickets. It's ridiculous. I understand that's how they make their money, and don't get anything from showing the movie, but yikes!

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I'm naughty.  I sneak mine in.  I only buy my popcorn there.  Last time we went to a movie. I took my big purse.  Stuffed it with some bottled sodas and candy for dh.  Walked right on in.   I won't pay theater prices on drinks and candy.

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I hide it in my big ole purse LOL.

Quoting amonkeymom: Have you ever had a theater tell you that you can bring water in?
Quoting pixiemg1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)