Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy them there or sneak them in?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM
  • 68 Replies
When you go to the movies, do you buy your snacks there or do you buy then elsewhere and sneak them in?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Barely go but if we do, we eat first before going.
MrsApple
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM

We usually buy popcorn and drink there but we will stop at the dollar store for other snacks if we want more than popcorn.I refuse to pay $5 for the same snack I can get for $1.

ladyvamp5489
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

both, we buy at dollar tree candy and snacks, but buy the soda there.  thats if we snack at all. 

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM
We do the same usually. Walmart has the movie theater sized snacks for $1.

Quoting MrsApple:

We usually buy popcorn and drink there but we will stop at the dollar store for other snacks if we want more than popcorn.I refuse to pay $5 for the same snack I can get for $1.

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

We buy popcorn there but I take in bottled water and any candy they may want.  They charge way too much for candy at the movies.  You can get all of them for a dollar at Walmart.

Stacie03
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We rarely go but when we do we will buy popcorn and a drink to share.  Thankfully we have a movie theater that isn't crazy priced in our area still.

amonkeymom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Have you ever had a theater tell you that you can bring water in?

Quoting pixiemg1:

We buy popcorn there but I take in bottled water and any candy they may want.  They charge way too much for candy at the movies.  You can get all of them for a dollar at Walmart.

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I bring in my own water in my bag as I always have one there anyway, and some diabetic candy if I want that. I will buy popcorn and soda but not the ginormous sizes. The pricing for snax at our local theater is more than the cost of the tickets. It's ridiculous. I understand that's how they make their money, and don't get anything from showing the movie, but yikes!

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I'm naughty.  I sneak mine in.  I only buy my popcorn there.  Last time we went to a movie. I took my big purse.  Stuffed it with some bottled sodas and candy for dh.  Walked right on in.   I won't pay theater prices on drinks and candy.

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I hide it in my big ole purse LOL.

Quoting amonkeymom: Have you ever had a theater tell you that you can bring water in?
Quoting pixiemg1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN