Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

New dryer?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

When hubby and I bought our house May 2013, it came with a dryer (used). A week before last Christmas it decided to die! Hubby tried to fix it, it worked 2 more times then died. A friend put a washer and dryer set on a tag sale site on facebook for $150, i jumped on it, ( our washer was giving us a hard time also). Well this past weekend i was trying to catch up on laundry from coming back from our camping trip, my dryer decided to die again!! I decided i was just going to brake down and buy us our first new dryer!

What kind of dryer do you have, like it? How long have you had it? Know of any good deals with Dryers?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM

LG 2301 dryer, part of a matched set with the front-loading washer.  I've had it for 3 years and the only issue we had was when our house wiring developed a short and the dryer shut itself off.  We traced the problem back from the dryer and that's the only way we found the issue with the house wiring.

Good deals?  Check clearance sections in Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

Lovingmomma5709
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

LG 2301 dryer, part of a matched set with the front-loading washer.  I've had it for 3 years and the only issue we had was when our house wiring developed a short and the dryer shut itself off.  We traced the problem back from the dryer and that's the only way we found the issue with the house wiring.

Good deals?  Check clearance sections in Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

Great Thank you! I will check them out!

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I like you get my washer and dryer with the house when we get it in October. I am worry if our washer ever goes out because there will need to put some pumping work done on the house if it does . Something about the pipes in that area not being the right fit for the water flow out of the new washers. Call your local appliances store and ask if they have any dented and the like new washers and dryers they work just like new , just have a small dent or mark on them  so they can not get full price on them . You can sometimes found so good deals. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:24 PM

i think Kenmore, new from Lowe's a few yrs back

.Angelica.
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I have no suggestions. hope you get an awesome dryer though. new appliances are always fun

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I have an Amana. I've been happy with it. I like that modern driers have sensors that will stop the drying when your clothes are dry. So it saves energy.

Mommabearsfirst
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM
We have maytag front loading washer and dryer that came with our new townhouse we love them they have all these awesome settings and everything. In our last apartment all the appliances were or obey older then I am. So I'm pretty stoked!!!.
rmp
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM

We had a Maytag in our first home for over 10 years and we hated it . It sounded like an airplane was landing. So when we moved into our 2nd home we bought Frigidaire washer and dryer for $249 each --New ---and they lasted us 7 years. Then 2 years ago we got General Electric. We are real happy with them. We bought them from a family owned store that fix washers and dryers and sell used washers and dryers these cost me $125 each and come with 1 year warranty. I am not buying new --ever again. 

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM
I got mine as a set on craigslist 125. Year old and I think. G.e. I believe
momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Im not even sure what kind we have, We have bad luck with dryers too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)