Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the best deal - consignment clothes or clearance clothes for kids

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

What is the best deal- consigment clothers or clearance clothes for kids? If you are buying clothes for next year how do you guestimate what size your child will be next year?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I think it depends where and when you go. I've had good luck with both.
I kind of know how my kids grow so I buy according to that, like my oldest I usually buy him 1-2 sizes bigger, my middle on I go up 1 size (and so, the littlest I have bought many clothes for but he is the hardest to guess sizing because he has "growth issues"
lady_katie
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:15 PM
I find that consignment shops are expensive, but thrift stores are super cheap. Consignment *sales* are probably the cheapest with the best selection. There's usually a consignment sale in our area every 6 months or so.
lady-t3984
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:01 PM
My youngest is 19,so i don't have to buy school clothes. When,I was shopping for my daughters,I never shopped at consignment shops,or thrift stores,so I don't know which is better.
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:03 PM
I like once upon a child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJsMom81507
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont buy used clothes, i tend to find better deals on clearance.  i usually go up a size for the following year.

for instance, today i went shopping.. got my DS Nike Air Jordan shorts and Shirts, spent less than $3 a piece on them

for DD i got a Ralph Lauren bathing suit for $6 a DKNY shirt for $4

why buy used when you can buy new and score on new clothes for cheaper than what you can get used.

kimber2465
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM

consignment sales- here we grow again, all about kids, just between friends, kid's closets, rhea lea are all really good sales for kids.  you can find just about everything here- baby to teens!  you can sell all your clothes that still good also( you can tag, price- or you can let them tag, price).

SweetPea2004
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I wish it showed original price but all of this is from Children's Place, they had 30% off clearance then I found an extra 25% off coupon. 

CafeMom Tickers
MrsKeyes
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I do mostly thrift stores, and find a bunch of good stuff. Seasonal consignment sales usually run a half off or even 75% off on the last 2 days of the sale. Another way to get some great deals is church yard sales, specifically. They usually have things for much cheaper than other yard sales, and there are dozens of families in some cases.

melliburger
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:11 AM
It depends on how far in advance.
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM

I like garage sales. Thrift store here to me are expensive as are consignment shops

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)