Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you eat for breakfast?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm having trouble figuring out what to buy myself for breakfast. I'm picky, on a budget, allergic to wheat and intolerant to eggs. Not too many options!! I really enjoy granola and yogurt, but eating enough to actually stay full for more than an hour is costing a fortune.

Any ideas? What do you eat? Thanks!
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I do oatmeal, with chia, flax, blueberry abs banana, with almond milk and walnuts.
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I do greek yogurt with fruit & granola.

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I have yogurt

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM

buy whole milk yogurt or at least 2%.  Fage is wonderful with just honey.  Add a banana and it should hold you for a few hours.  I like leftovers for breakfast.   I'm not big on cereal, although I do like grits (provided it is cooked with a bit of bacon grease and cheddar) and oatmeal with brown sugar and blueberries or raisins.   If you buy the steel cut oats, a bowl of oatmeal should hold you til lunch.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I eat eggs almost every single day as omelets, scrambled, fried, etc. but there are also smoothies, cheese, fruits.  I make sure to get enough fat and I'm good to go for 6 hours.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Greek yogurt is good!

Indy3000
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM

we do a ton of oatmeal since it is cheap and keeps you full long

Momoftwinkies
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Cheerios, blueberries, and skim milk :) yum!
polkaspots
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Almost all of my breakfasts are egg based, but the ones that aren't are oatmeal with nuts nut butter and fruit, or maple syrup and fruit, rice and beans with tomato sauce, veggie bowls with beans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady_katie
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I've been eating a lot of oatmeal lately. I dunno, I guess I just prefer cold breakfasts. Cereal doesn't hold me over for too long. I'll try adding some fruit to my granola/yogurt and maybe try a different yogurt. Greek yogurt has been growing on me, and it seems more filling, so maybe that will help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)