Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PayPal GiftCard - Q for USAA members

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM
  • 18 Replies

Is there a paypal gift card that you can buy at the store?

If there is, is there a fee for it?? (Some cards have activation fees...)

We have bank accounts, but they're military and the brick and mortar banks are far away. 

The local banks are going to charge us for a checking account unless we use their atm cards at least 12 times a month - I don't use any combination of any cards 12 times in any month...

I need a way to get my cash into my accounts.  No friends, no family.  I have a small business that I run from home and while I offer the options of credit and paying online, many of my customers pay in cash.

Any other ideas for this USAA member??

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe so. There are also regular online checking accounts. Capital one 360 is free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Quoting polkaspots: I believe so. There are also regular online checking accounts. Capital one 360 is free.

The problem is getting my cash to the online account...

polkaspots
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Since you already have a bank account you could write yourself a check. Or you could just transfer the money from one account to the other. You have to link them. That's what I was doing when I was getting paid in cash. I opened an account with another bank, deposited my pay and transferred it into my normal account.
Bluebird is through Walmart and I'm relatively certain you can deposit money onto your card at a store. There's also prepaid gift cards at places like 7/11 but the cards cost $5

Quoting mybratsmom:

Quoting polkaspots: I believe so. There are also regular online checking accounts. Capital one 360 is free.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM
You can buy a PayPal gift card I am not sure about the fees though.
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Quoting polkaspots: Since you already have a bank account you could write yourself a check. Or you could just transfer the money from one account to the other. You have to link them. That's what I was doing when I was getting paid in cash. I opened an account with another bank, deposited my pay and transferred it into my normal account. Bluebird is through Walmart and I'm relatively certain you can deposit money onto your card at a store. There's also prepaid gift cards at places like 7/11 but the cards cost $5
Quoting mybratsmom:

I don't have a local account.  I'm looking for a way around being charged $6+ a month for an account, regardless of the amount I keep in the account. So, I don't have a local bank to deposit my cash to.  I can write a check from my online account, but that kind of defeats the purpose since I want to get money in there, not take it out. 

polkaspots
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM
I don't know then. Your grocery store or supermarket should have paypal gift cards, and Walmart has bluebird cards which are also no fee.

Quoting mybratsmom:

Quoting polkaspots: Since you already have a bank account you could write yourself a check. Or you could just transfer the money from one account to the other. You have to link them. That's what I was doing when I was getting paid in cash. I opened an account with another bank, deposited my pay and transferred it into my normal account. Bluebird is through Walmart and I'm relatively certain you can deposit money onto your card at a store. There's also prepaid gift cards at places like 7/11 but the cards cost $5
Quoting mybratsmom:

I don't have a local account.  I'm looking for a way around being charged $6+ a month for an account, regardless of the amount I keep in the account. So, I don't have a local bank to deposit my cash to.  I can write a check from my online account, but that kind of defeats the purpose since I want to get money in there, not take it out. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Im not sure sorry

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Not sure sorry :(

aj23
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a Capital One 360 account and to get cash into it I either give my mom the cash and she writes me a check and I do a mobile deposit or I get a money order and mail it in. It takes a couple of days but it gets in there.

If I remember correctly my ex used USAA and they worked the same way, there was an address to mail deposits to. I also recall something about making deposits at a UPS store but I think that may be checks only still.

Paypal has a my cash card that you can buy in stores and redeem to deposit the money in your PayPal account. You can go that route and withdraw the funds to your checking. It's going to take about the same amount of time a mailed in deposit would take though and the card is $4 to buy so it costs more so it may not be worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)