Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Free books

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:37 AM
  • 53 Replies

Do you have a Kindle or Nook or other kind of ereader? Do you take advantage of the free books? Do you use the library for physical books or free ebooks?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:43 AM

i download all my books via torrent sites.  i have yet to pay for an ebook.  i also swap and share books with ebook groups on FB.  ask for a book and someone will post it for DL

Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this
I prefer to hold an actual book in my hand.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I have a nook. Bookbub.com has free books, I think daily, I just forget to go on there. I have yet to do eBooks from the library. I buy if cheap enough or get free.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:50 AM
I use the nook & kindle apps. I need to try out the library books!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I have a kindle.  I use the library EXTENSIVELY for books, ebooks, movies and games.

virginiamama71
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

me too.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: I prefer to hold an actual book in my hand.

.Angelica.
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM

we have a kindle but I haven't ever really used it. dh reads on it though

MrsBx
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I do not have a Kindle or Nook, but would love to get one as a gift or donation :)

One of my favorite activites when I go to the mall with my daughter is to browse the book offerings at the Barnes & Noble store. This takes time so it's a nice seque when she meets up with her friends to do shopping stuff. I browse the mystery book, self-help, knitting and bestseller aisles. I always take my notepad and favorite pen with me and jot down titles and authors. Then, when I get back home, I boot up the puter and go into local library site and look for the book and place it on hold. It's free and always exciting when the reserved book arrives for pick up. I haven't purchased a book in over 10 years and there are so many books available to read. I wish I had the time and energy to read them all! One year, out of curiosity, I noted the price of the books I had read and was astonished to come up with a figure over $3,000. What a savings, eh?

angelaicky
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I have an older kindle with many free books on it. I like the library but if the book isn't in good condition, I get grossed out for some reason. So if i want a real book, i will spend the money and buy it.
OBImomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:31 PM
We use the library
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)