Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

7/28 How are you being frugal today?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM
  • 25 Replies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Today is bill day.  And I'm sending an extra $1000k to the piano loan.

dh and I also made a box to start saving (really really long term) for a deposit on land for a vacation home.  It's a tremendously long way off but we are both willing to shave a little out of the budget each week to do it.

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM

brought my lunch to work today. dinner is in the crockpot. :)

Yesterday we went to a huge outdoor concert and brought all our own food. When we got home I didn't want to cook and had no leftovers so i made an Arby's run (extrememly rare for us) but only bought 2 sandwhiches and a fry instead of our usual combos. it's the little things. ;)

ashandryzmom
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Eating at home, dinner is in the crockpot. Yesterday we went boating (that cost a little) but we packed food from home.
MrsBx
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Check out books from the library instead of purchasing them.

Recycle garbage (boxes, cans, plastics, etc) and dump food scraps in composting pile or neatly tied up tight and deposited in open recepticles at your favorite grocery store.

Refuse to buy pre-packaged dinners and meals in the frozen food case, opting for cooking with fresh produce and meats.

Turn off A/C units unless necessary and let the early morning air blow through your open windows. Even if you turn your A/C and fans off during parts of the day (and evenings), you will reduce your electric bill.

Coffee grounds are wonderful additives to wilting or sickly plants. Add grounds around container or close to roots and water gently so absorption is thorough.

.Angelica.
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm just not going anywhere. lol

teenkabear
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I'm getting ready for back to school shopping on Friday.  Checking my sales, getting coupons printed out or sent to my phone, etc.

lady_katie
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I went to old navy to shop the summer clearance. Got my son 3 t-shirts in larger sizes, next summers swim shorts and sun shirt and a sun shirt for the baby on the way for $17! Not too shabby :)
chillemi78
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I'm planning costumes to wear to the Baltimore and New York comic cons this fall, but digging through closets for clothes and fabrics rather than buying costumes. The downside to that is that I am getting more ideas than I know what to do with! Luckily, I have 7 days of dressing up between the 2 shows. :)
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I wasnt feeling well so I didnt go anywhere

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I am using stuff up in the fridge.  We are getting ready to go away for a few days.   I am trying to clean out the fridge.  So leftovers for lunch.   Making dinner the next few nights with stuff from the fridge. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN