Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wasting food

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've put myself on a budget for groceries. Its not much but what i have learned from he change has been amazing. I never realized how much food i was throwing away before because i would just go get more. I find myself sctually using stuff up completely and the case it came in actually being empty when i toss it. I feel good about it! I am also limiting my shops since i am not a big fan of grocery shopping constantly. I take a certain amount out in cash and go do one big shop to last two weeks. If i run out of milk or butter i keep a little bit of cash to pick some necessities up when needed in between or get a pizza. Its really helped limit my spending and filling my bank account back up. I have spent an average of $200 less a month on food! Very proud of myself! 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Good job!

i hate wasting food.  I try to use up every bit of things and make sure leftovers get eaten or reinvented.

it makes a huge difference.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Good job!

I had really started budgeting for food and groceries and it's made a difference. I used to keep our fridge and pantry stocked and threw away so much.

.Angelica.
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

that's awesome. last week I made a list of all the stuff we had in our cupboards and came up with a list of meals to make to use up the ingredients and we bought just what we needed to make those meals.

Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Good job :)
I am hoping dh's check is big enough this week to go restock on sides (food) and h&b items.
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Good job!! Ther eusually isnt much leftovers at my house.

mamatink7
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM

good job!!! how long have you been trying this 'new' method?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM

GREAT job!

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:12 PM

How big is your family? We are a family of three and I spen a little over 200/month,this includes out to dinner approx 4 nights/month. we do not do much else so out to dinner is our treat

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)