Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Kid's rooms

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you decorate your kids rooms so that they are fun, but don't break the bank?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM
One thing we've always done is to buy paint from the mis-tint section at hardware stores. It's much cheaper, especially if you're flexible on the color... DS has enjoyed just checking the bargain shelves until a good color shows up.

I'd love to hear other ideas for decorating kids' rooms in a budget... I could use some help on that front.
lady_katie
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Definetly paint. It gives a lot of bang for not a lot of buck lol. Painting stripes or patterns doesn't cost extra either.
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Right now, we have 3 kids in one room (2 bedroom house). So until we find a new place, we don't :-(
Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

paint is the biggest help. Then a fun toy box. My daughters is actually an old metal trash can I spray painted and lined with a fabric bag. Easy organization and no clutter. Get rid of stuff. Too much stuff and they just drag a bunch out. My daughter plays with more now that she has less. Look for little ways to decorate. Like I painted the her shelf white and sealed glitter on it to make it look like ice. Her night light is icicle lights from christmas. already had them. stapled them to the ceiling above her bed. 

Paint and then look for little things. Posters are good too. 

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I just made my daughter a "reading area".  I bought a purple upholstered storage bench from Wayfair for under $100, a lamp for $20 from Target, and all I need to complete the area is a couple of floor pillows and it will be set!  She loves it!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM
My younger boys share a room. They have a Super Mario Brothers theme. I didn't get everything all at once I bought one thing at a time when I had the money. They have sheets, blankets, mushroom lamps, wall decals. It looks/feels complete but if I see something else for their room and have the money I will buy it.
letstalk747
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Posters , stuff they make

fullxbusymom
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Paint, Curtains and Wall paper cut outs are what we did. 

Dzyre1115
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Mobile Photo

My ten year old daughter and seven year old son share a room, since birth, so I have to try and stay somewhat neutral. This is what they have now. It was $325.00 for two beds, and the window treatment.
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Mobile Photo

Paint the wall will be awesome but we're only renting the place. Anyway, DD has Christmas lights on one side of the wall and other side is her art of wall and small desk. Something like the picture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)