Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$tree

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM
  • 42 Replies

dollar tree really has just about everything , i was surprised  when i took my time and looked around , especially kitchen stuff.

do you buy things at dollar stores

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Yes.
MommyJill87
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Only for party stuff.
sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Oh yes, I get a variety of things.  I have a nice Betty Crocker colander that I got a Dollar Tree.  Also at dollar tree, I can get liquid baby powder, which is nice for when regular baby powder is tough to put on.  At the 99 cent store, I can get a pack of six dish sponges that have a scour side.  They work great, and each pack usually lasts me a couple months.  At both stores, I like to get party supplies, especially for classroom parties.

I usually don't get shampoo and soap, but when my son was in the hospital last month, I found some Spiderman shampoo and Scooby Doo soap at Dollar Tree and got those for him.  It made his hospital stay a bit more tolerable.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I don't shop at Dollar Tree but maybe once every 2 years if I'm desperate.

bluelace777
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I get cards, organizing things, calendars, stocking stuffers, etc. there.

wandep
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Yes we buy a good bit from there. Some of things you have to be mindfull tho because you certainly get what you pay for.

We sometimes buy...toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash.

Cards, kid's stocking stuffers and other seasonal items.

wandep
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I also purchase organizing baskets from there too.

EthansMomma2010
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Party stuff and cards. Pregnancy tests. Kitchen stuff. You can get so much stuff there :)
chillemi78
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I love the dollar store! I have a bunch of the Betty Crocker kitchen gadgets as they are decent quality. Party supplies and gift bags (when I actually need them, I reuse most), the little bags for dirty diapers, holiday decorations, seasonal stuff like water toys and sand buckets for summer and stocking stuffers, coloring books, baskets and containers for organizing, toothbrushes and I don't generally get cosmetics, but I always look through them because occasionally there are good brands. I have L'Oreal and Physicians Formula eye shadows from there. And if I'm planning on heading to the movies, I'll pick up some candy. Oh, and spices.

I don't get most food ( other than above mentioned candy and occasional treats for the kids), paper products, toiletries,candles or toys.
letstalk747
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:14 PM

i got the collendar too

Quoting sweetspice03:

Oh yes, I get a variety of things.  I have a nice Betty Crocker colander that I got a Dollar Tree.  Also at dollar tree, I can get liquid baby powder, which is nice for when regular baby powder is tough to put on.  At the 99 cent store, I can get a pack of six dish sponges that have a scour side.  They work great, and each pack usually lasts me a couple months.  At both stores, I like to get party supplies, especially for classroom parties.

I usually don't get shampoo and soap, but when my son was in the hospital last month, I found some Spiderman shampoo and Scooby Doo soap at Dollar Tree and got those for him.  It made his hospital stay a bit more tolerable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)