Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

The joy of small pleasures

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM
  • 21 Replies

I don't need to have a big expensive shopping trip, or expensive jewelry to make me happy. A bubble bath, a good book, a piece of indulgent chocolate, a cooking magazine,a glass of wine,  or just some time alone for a long walk makes me feel good. An extra half hour of sleep grabbed on a lazy Sunday is also a pure pleasure for me.

What are some of the small pleasures that you most enjoy or the little treats you like to get for yourself?

Aromatherapy Bubble Bath

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:13 AM

A nice walk.  I love sitting by the fire pit on a Friday night with a drink.  I love sitting on the deck on a Sunday morning drinking my coffee with the newspaper or a good book.  

The simple things in life are wonderful. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

An empty, quiet house.

A nice horseback ride.

A good book, and no interruptions.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I love an empty quiet house too....preferably dog free too....and clean already.  Ahhhhh.

but seriously, I love sitting on the porch at the end of the day with a glass of wine (good weather) or sitting in front of the fire (cold weather).  A good book and the time to really enjoy it.  The smell of baking bread.  

And believe it or not....an overcast, slightly drizzly day to weed my gardens for hours upon hours.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Dadderday.

Every Saturday morning my husband wakes up with the kids, makes breakfast, gets them all dressed and out of the house, and isn't home until lunch and naptime. Sometimes I get stuff done. Sometimes I do nothing and drink coffee in my pj's all morning.

(This might be his sexiest feature right now, haha.)

KatieFlower
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM

A pack of ranch sunflower seeds

howkhuntastic
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Sitting on my stairs in front of my apartment with the first cup of coffee of the morning before the kids get up.
And when the kids finally pass out for the night and dh and I can just enjoy each other
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM

I would LOVE if my DH would do this!

Quoting clairewait:

Dadderday.

Every Saturday morning my husband wakes up with the kids, makes breakfast, gets them all dressed and out of the house, and isn't home until lunch and naptime. Sometimes I get stuff done. Sometimes I do nothing and drink coffee in my pj's all morning.

(This might be his sexiest feature right now, haha.)

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I would LOVE if my DH would do this!

My kids LOVE it and talk about it all week. They always make eggs and grits (and watch cartoons) and it is like his once a week good daddy bonding time. Then they go to the gym and then to Sam's Club (for free samples) or Home Depot (for popcorn) or other manish errands. It is funny because we're about to have 3 daughters! But they love it (and then complain that I don't make eggs and grits like Daddy does).

sweetspice03
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Getting extra sleep and taking a nice, hot shower are two of my favorites.  On some mornings, I like to sit outside on the steps with a diet coke.  Just sitting there, looking around really helps.  

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Have alone time at the beach or hot bath with good book and wine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)