Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do school uniforms save money?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM
  • 124 Replies

If your kids wear uniforms, do you like it better than if they didn't?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I like it. IMO I save a lot because dd's school have used uniform sale before summer break.
rmp
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:27 AM
3 moms liked this

No they do not save me money private school only wants uniforms from high end uniform supplier with crazy expensive prices. ugh!!

zoo003
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I love the fact that my kids wear uniforms to school.  However, in our case, it is more expensive.  We have to buy basically 2 wardrobes.  One for school (their uniforms) and one for home (their everyday clothing). 

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:45 AM
We don't have uniforms here, but some people I know do. They have complained that they have to have two seperate wardrobes and can get very pricey because of that.

I like uniforms but am glad we don't have them as my son is very little, especially in his waist so I have to buy jeans from certain stores with elastic wastes. It would be hard to find uniforms to fit too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:15 AM

DEFINITELY!

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:45 AM

I wish they wore them!

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I'm really thankful that our school does not do uniforms. I just see the cost of those pieces at every back-to-school sale, and I know how hard my son is on clothing. Even with being able to buy used or buy at swaps, I can only imagine that this would be a really pricey option for us.

nichole_erin
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM
My dd goes to a charter school that requires a very specific, expensive brand of uniforms. I just bought 6 outfits and spent $300 so far. I have yet to buy her school shoes for the year, which I am anticipating them to cost at least $100 for two pair.

She has a personal wardrobe for home that she would otherwise be wearing to school if uniforms were not required, so of course, any amount of money spent on a uniform is an added expense - and not in any way saving me money.
liveforever
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Thankfully dds school doesn't require uniforms. Everyone I know who has to get them says it costs more in the long run. They have to buy 2 wardrobes.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM
No I don't. My soon to be 8th grader wears a uniform. If I had options on where to buy the uniforms I wouldn't have a problem, but I don't. You can only buy the uniforms at one uniform store, each location is at least 30 minutes away and the uniforms are very expensive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)