Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Decorating advice needed!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I scored this wall art wt kohls for $10. Originally it was $40 but it was half price and then i had a coupon for $10 off of anything. I went through the womens section and the toddler section. There was nothing we could use so I decided to get something I actually wanted for once! Well its hung between the front door and the bay window. Oddly, it feels incomplet to me. I feel like it is too small for the space. Considering hanging two 8x10 picture frames next to it on each side. Like one on one side and one on th other.what do you guys think? Any suggestions? Thanks! 

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I agree that it seems too small for the space.  Not sure how to fix it though....

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I think some smaller photos of the family around it would be cute.
Shelly126
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a bit small, but a good focal point for a collage on that wall. I would drop it a tiny bit and buy and assortment of frames all the same color and the color of that piece. From the pic it looks black, so I'll say all black frames in various sizes and have fun with it. Arrange them around that piece, some 4x6's, 5x7's and 8x10's, let all the frames make a wonderful collage and it will take up space.
UCFknight
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Can you do smaller picture frames going around it? Like photos Of the kids hugging, being sweet, abiding by "the rules" listed. That is a great dea, or even just wall sconces on either side will work just fine!

chillemi78
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
If 2 8x10 frames is what you have to work with and you don't want to go buy more, I'd move the rules plaque over to one side and put the two frames, one above the other next to it so the whole thing is basically a square shape to give it a nice modern look.
maggie268
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Some 4x6 family fotos would be perfect.

wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM

This!

Quoting hillmom: I think some smaller photos of the family around it would be cute.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I agree:  smaller family photos around it, black frames. 

CUTE!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Add family photos around it, different sizes. Here's some inspiration to give you ideas, just not as big as these.

Stylish display ideas for photo's of the kids.

leaving out the decorations as I'm not artistic and I don't have a ...

photo12 620x465 How To Display Your Family Photos

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I would do like the other ladies say small family pictures acting out the rules or  doing a college with other sayings on the wall . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN