Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Tell me about your trash. :)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM
  • 65 Replies
We are moving and I called the new local trash company to figure out our new rates. I was shocked at how much lower it was per month..plus they have an amazing weekly limit.
Our current company a lot more expensive and we do not get a weekly limit. We get charged a weekly fee for them 'showing up' (route fee) plus we pay per bag!
I was speechless when the new company told me $19 a month (billed quarterly) with a Ten bag weekly limit.
clearly our current company is gouging us because we are so rural and have basically no other options here!

It got me to thinking.
How much do you pay for trash and what is you bag limit?
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Oh and to clarify..I consider ten bags to be a lot. We normally only have about three bags..sometimes more if it is trash from our business.
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Most of the communities in this area have gone to pay per bag for curbside pickup or dropping off at the dump. So you buy the roll of bags at the grocery store, and the truck will only take trash if it's in that bag. I want to say that a roll of 10 bags is around $15 at the moment?

Curbside recycling is free, though...

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM
The trash/recycling/water bill is about $40.00 a month.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:13 AM

In nj, we had to pay for trash.  That was almost 10 years ago and it was $40 a month.

in nh, we don't pay.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:16 AM
It's included with our water bill. Its not something we choose but its 14.12 a month. I have no idea how they calculate that but its worth every penny.
AHmom103
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:23 AM

$20/month paid quarterly, with a 4 bag limit, but we can go over once in awhile without being charged extra. We're in a rural area, only 1 other company has a route through here.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:10 AM

$25 a month:  we have a huge garbage tote that can hold 6 to 8 bags of garbage.  They pick up once a week.  We live in a rural area.

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM

It's $190 a year, paid yearly with property taxes. If you have a mortgage, it's included in monthly payment, $15.85 per month. They provide a 96 gallon cart with wheels, And if you have more, you can just put it beside the cart, and as many recyclable bins as you need. They also pick up yard and tree trimmings, furniture and appliances. They do a great job.

WigglingToes
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:45 AM

It is included with our water bill. I can not remember what it is. I do know it went up a couple months ago by like $2. We actually have our trash picked up twice a week which is very nice. 

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM
No limit on garbage and recycling but yard waste is an addl 75 a qtr with a limit of 15 bags I think
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN