Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you miss?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 23 Replies
We made some cut backs when we moved recently. I'm really ok with them. Most of them were my idea.
However. ..abc family posted their holiday movie schedule this week.
Im having a momentary pity party because we will not have satellite or cable during the holidays this year. We love abc family and lifetimes holiday line up.
I realize this has no real negative impact on our lives and there are a thousand other things that could be wrong in my life.
I'm just a bit bummed.
I am loving the cash we are able to put back now though.
Ok. Whine over.

What do you kind of miss but choose to go without?
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I miss our satellite TV, but I don't have time to watch it anyway.

I miss sleep...there are nights I can't sleep because I'm worrying over finances.

diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I wasn't missing the ABC Family holiday line up until you mentioned it.
diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I can't say that I miss cable, because I hated it more than I liked it. I didn't like the price, or the inappropriate shows. Oh okay I guess I miss some things about cable, like the holiday line up.
We haven't had cable for two years and now have Hulu and Netflix. I like being able to watch what I want when I want.
Oh I do miss Saturday morning cartoons, and the fact that my boys can't experience waking up early on Saturday morning to watch them.
campingmomof4
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I miss the sports channels on my cable.  I down graded our cable and lost all the sports channels.  I really miss ESPN and the RED ZONE. 

UCFknight
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I miss TV during college football season. I love watching football each Saturday, but the money we have saved over the last 3 years makes up for it! ;) and yes, abc family during halloween and Christmas were a lot of fun. Especially the prep and landing ones!

scorpiobabes
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I miss getting my nails done...my brows done...pampering myself to look my best for hubby. 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I miss not caring how much I spent on something....clearly not a healthy habit, but I miss it anyways.

kirbymom
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I miss satellite tv but will not pay for it since it is, imo, way too high. 

JenniferW67
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM

We ditched our satellite a couple years and the only thing we've really missed have been footall games. My DH just bought an antenna and now we get to see most of the games we want. I'm pretty sure we get ABC, you should check and see if that would work in your area. We are in the sticks and get a bunch of channels and now monthly bill! Well, except nextflix. Do you have Netflix or Amazon Prime? You could make your own holiday movie line up.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Tv. Our isp SUCKS so I can't stream often.

Eating out.. I miss that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)