Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ebay wants me to list everything for $1.00

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been trying to sell some of our old stuff on ebay. They always suggest starting the auction price for $1.00. To me that just dosen't make sense. Some of the stuff it would cost more then $1.00 to mail. I have also found that their suggested shipping prices are off. I have looked but I can't find anywhere to add a reserve price. Does anybody have any experience on ebay? How would you suggest I pick a price to start listing the item at?

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM

You can change the suggested starting price.

bibdybobdyboob
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I stopped using ebay when they started taking such large chunks of the selling price.  They also purchased paypal and take a chunk there.  Then shipping prices went extremely high.

I use varagesale.com. If you have one in your community, you should check it out.

I haven't sold on varage sale yet, but I buy a lot from there. I purchased a huge sectional couch for three hundred dollars vs a new one starting at a thousand. I have purchased room divider screens for thirty bucks.  It's a great site.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I only sold once on ebay and I didn't start at the $1 selling price, I started at $10.00.  I wanted to make sure I was ok with the price but not start so high that I didn't get any bids. 

lovemymini
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM
You can have the starting bid at $1 and still have a reserve. Depending on what you are selling set your reserve according so if it's not met you do have to sell it.

For example if I want to sell my Xbox One I will set the starting bid very low to get people interested but I would set my reserve at the least I'm willing to take for it.
Alexsi1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I look at what the other items are selling for and set my price according to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)