Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu where you are..

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:10 PM
  • 21 Replies

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

How bad is it? Has your family had it yet? Are you hibernating until Christmas to avoid it?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 7:50 AM
We haven't had it, but I've heard a lot of people talking about it. I know an elementary school about an hour from me closed because of it.
JohnnyCakes
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Influenza A is now confirmed at my kids school :/ In November, the school had viral pink eye, 2 forms of stomach flu, and strep all reported. FUN! Yeah we've been a little neurotic with hand washing and hygeine. I am pregnant and reaaaaally don't feel like messing with the flu. 

mom2devin11005
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM

We've passed the flu around our house for the past 3 weeks here.... it wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't settled in our chests and then as we were just gettig over it we passed it around again.... we've all been on 2 rounds of z-packs and lived on mucinex but I think we're finally on the mend for good I hope

momofsixangels
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Not really. Just a lot of colds

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Ugh!  Hope you are able to avoid it while pregnant!!!

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

Influenza A is now confirmed at my kids school :/ In November, the school had viral pink eye, 2 forms of stomach flu, and strep all reported. FUN! Yeah we've been a little neurotic with hand washing and hygeine. I am pregnant and reaaaaally don't feel like messing with the flu. 

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Yikes!! Hope it's all over!

Quoting mom2devin11005:

We've passed the flu around our house for the past 3 weeks here.... it wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't settled in our chests and then as we were just gettig over it we passed it around again.... we've all been on 2 rounds of z-packs and lived on mucinex but I think we're finally on the mend for good I hope

copperswifey
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 8:50 PM

We have had a cold. The stomach flu is going around now. I'm praying we can avoid it. All we need with the holidays just around the corner :/ 

RobynS
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 9:39 PM

A lot of colds and stomach bugs going around, but I only know one person who's actually had the flu. We can't hibernate... too much going on.

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 9:51 PM

We haven't had it but some people at my job have. 

Charizma77
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Praying nobody gets it here! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)