• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone planning a "no spend month"?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM
  • 34 Replies

Which one?

have you done one before?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I've almost got dh convinced to do a No Spend February.  Well, 3 weeks of February....we go on vacation the last week...and that won't work.

ive never done one before, on purpose.  So I'm not sure how this is going to go.

yvonne37
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM

eehhh no spend??  can you elaborate?

chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:58 PM

You can google the concept for a better description....but basically no non-essential spending.

Quoting yvonne37:

yvonne37
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I see.. lol we have been on a no spend for years! I dont buy anything that is not a necessity and we have not been able to buy even some necessities :/   so yeah.. we are on it ;)

Quoting chicken13:

You can google the concept for a better description....but basically no non-essential spending.

Quoting yvonne37:

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Oh I've been on those in the past.  This is more of a voluntary thing.

Quoting yvonne37:

I see.. lol we have been on a no spend for years! I dont buy anything that is not a necessity and we have not been able to buy even some necessities :/   so yeah.. we are on it ;)

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting yvonne37:

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM
I don't know that we could do it. It's hard to not just swing through starbucks in the morning. I love my coffee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM

It's going to be a struggle for me....I love my dunkin donuts too. Especially on those never ending days when i need a boost to get to the end.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: I don't know that we could do it. It's hard to not just swing through starbucks in the morning. I love my coffee.

Dzyre1115
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM
The next ten months...
mem82
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I'm thinking of trying it for February.
momwriter
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM

I'm going to try to buy as little as possible in January. I just finished up spending in decmeber with the purchase of a bunch of supplies for the greeting cards I make. I do have a birthday gift to buy but otherwise planning on sticking to essentials like groceries if possible. My downfall is now that I've started using iTunes on my new phone it might be hard to resist buying some songs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)