Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, just found out my credit card is maxed

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM
  • 15 Replies
Seriously so upset. I know we have been sort of crazy spending the last few months, and that majority of it was our "megacation" as my husband calls it which was a 2 week vacation of which 6 days was Disney. I didn't realize our spending was quite as out of control as it is. Hubs and I ran through mcd's this morning and his card didn't work. He handed his debit card and I didn't think anything of it, as I know the magnetic strip is flaky. We just ran to the grocery and spent $50 and again his card didn't work so he handed them his debit card. Well walking out I was like you should call and get a new card, that's crazy it isn't working. Well hubs said I don't think it's the magnetic strip. So he finally told me what was up.
So we are resolving to get our finances in order this year. I got some money for Christmas, and I finally decided what to buy, but alas I think it's going on our cc. It's frustrating because we typically pay off our cards monthly, but got this card this year specifically because it was a Disney card. We put the trip on it because it had 6 months no interest. Ugh just frustrated that we racked up a ton of debt this year :(
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I can't even fathom doing that.

i record all our receipts every Monday, keeping track of which budget category it came out of and making sure everything is staying within the plan.  

How are you going to pay it off before the 6 months no interest is up?

Lynette
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You should read Total Money Makeover by, Dave Ramsey. I read it and then checked out the audio book version from the library for DH. It has really helped us get things under control and working towards being debt free.
almburr
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM
We've done WDW several times.but paid cash for it, I couldn't imagine doing a vacation and not paying up front.

Maybe Dave Ramsey plan would be good.
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Not good. :-(

The advice given about Dave Ramsey should help. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

aw man that will be a bit tough for a bit to pay off :( but budget, you can do it!

babyspots17
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

What was the max on the credit card are you looking at a $2000 debt or a $20,000 debt?  That really stinks either way I hope you can get your debt down and spending habits under control for 2015 (that is one of my goals as well). 

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Best of luck to you all this new year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont be so hard on yourself... you will get it straight. Its a process.

godsgirl26
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Yikes, So glad we dont have CC's for this very reason. Just make sure you budget next time.

Alieda
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:03 PM
You can fix it ,yes it will take some spending cuts and hard work but you can do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)