Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My name is Cherish and I am a ....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:42 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
Convienance food addict. Why is it that I give in so much.
Example: today I get off work, go to cheer with my girls, take all 3 kids to get hair cut, then to dollar tree for thkngs we had to have. It's now almost 7 pm and me and kids are starving.. Then we hit whataburger. The logical part of me thinks I should have planned better obviously. I did bring granola bars for after school but that wasn't enough. HELP
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM
Bump
MysticLove
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Make dinner early and put it away for when you get home then just heat and serve.

Minimonsters
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 4:25 AM
I pretty much always carry fruit or carrot sticks with me. apples are great for filling you up til you can get a proper dinner. Also sometimes take sandwiches or breakfast bars if were gonna be out for longer. If I'm stuck and the kids are hungry I'll usually buy bananas or breakfast bars which is much cheaper and healthier than fast food. I tend to batch cook food too so I basically have a freezer full of homemade ready meals so when we get home i can have dinner ready in less than 10 mins x for me money is pretty tight and if I spent our money eating out we wouldn't have money to spend on fun days out so that keeps me motivated to keep everything homemade x
lyrick24
by Melissa on Jan. 15, 2015 at 6:30 AM
2 moms liked this

use your crockpot for days you know you are going to get in late. there are a lot of good and simple recipes on pinterest.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Jan. 15, 2015 at 6:37 AM
Slow cooker. Pre make sandwiches and things like lasagna and store in your freezer. Pop in the oven and you have food in thirty minutes.

Personally I eat mostly meat and I often cook meat about 75% of the way and then freeze.
Preheat oven to 375 pop in the frozen burger patties, thin chicken breasts, etc and in 20 minutes I have perfectly cooked meat that's still juicy.
You could easily boil water at the sae time to make rice, pasta etc and make a meal.

cherishhope
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. This is what I did today. I cooked tacos and put everything ready to go with the meat in the refrigerator together so it would be easy for tomorrow night :)

Quoting MysticLove:

Make dinner early and put it away for when you get home then just heat and serve.

cherishhope
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My only issue with the slow cooker is most meals cook times are for up to 8 hours. I am gone during the day 9-10 hours :/

Quoting thefiregoddess: Slow cooker. Pre make sandwiches and things like lasagna and store in your freezer. Pop in the oven and you have food in thirty minutes.

Personally I eat mostly meat and I often cook meat about 75% of the way and then freeze.
Preheat oven to 375 pop in the frozen burger patties, thin chicken breasts, etc and in 20 minutes I have perfectly cooked meat that's still juicy.
You could easily boil water at the sae time to make rice, pasta etc and make a meal.

cherishhope
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM
I do this on the weekend but during the week I leave at 7:30 to take kids to school and do not get home until 6.

Quoting lyrick24:

use your crockpot for days you know you are going to get in late. there are a lot of good and simple recipes on pinterest.

www.n2mybiz.com
by on Jan. 16, 2015 at 4:00 AM

I have to eat Gluten Free and every thing free haha.

I have a little cooler I take with me with greek yogurt and cheese sticks, fruit etc.  Sometimes I pack a little meat as well.  I always have to have protein on hand.

michiganmom116
by on Jan. 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM

plan some freezer meals that can thaw in the fridge during the day and be quickly cooked/baked when you get home

casseroles

sloppy joe meat

taco meat

mac n cheese

etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)