Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you celebrate, is the Easter Bunny spendy or thrifty at your house?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:38 PM
  • 38 Replies

If you celebrate Easter and the Easter Bunny visits your house, is it a pricy affair or does it seem like the Bunny knows how to keep things simple and reasonably priced? I ask because I've got two toddlers and simple ideas about what EB will bring, but my new MIL thinks it's cheaping out... So what's it like at your house?

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reese2010727
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Everything related to Easter is thrifty at my house
caustinb
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:50 PM
We don't go crazy. Usually candy, a new shirt, and outside things: chalk, bubbles, etc.
Alieda
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:57 PM
We just did what the budget would allow that year usually a small basket and some new clothes.
smokeyjo
by Jozie on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:17 PM
I get my daughter some bath stuffs, hair stuff, sometimes makeup but then she's 20. She also doesn't eat much candy but I'll get her a few of those Reese's eggs and some peeps.

When my two were little they would each get an Easter basket full of candy- jelly beans, peeps, chocolate eggs and a chocolate bunny, a few little toys, coloring or sticker books, bubbles, a $5 bill and we would have an Easter egg hunt and the eggs would have either change, $1 bills, or some jelly beans.
MrsApple
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Thrifty.We buy things that we'd be getting her over the Spring/Summer anyways.Why waste money on crap but,also,why turn Easter in to Christmas.I know some people that spend HUNDREDS on their kids Easter baskets.That's crazy to me.We spend $20-25 at the most,and like I said,it's things she needs or would be getting during Spring/Summer anyways.We usually do things like a pair of flip flops,sunglasses,a small card game (she loves taking these when she goes to hang out with her grandmother's or aunts/uncles),seeds for her garden,hairbows or headbands...things like that.

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:24 PM
I don't think ppl spent so much on the baskets. I usually just buy a basket with a toy in it at the store. One year we made our own baskets. Making it is cheaper, but it's annoying to make it.
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:52 PM
This year I'm going spendy. I have the feeling this is it in terms of holiday magic. There's been a ton of questions since November of last year. It's not that I won't get her anything going forward, but it will be more of a token gift.
MrsSexyCurtains
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Dd9 is getting a book and a game from her DreamTab. We're moving shortly after so Easter won't be huge this year. We told her we'll make it up on her bday :)
An0nymous1
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Thrift! A couple of needs and usually one want. No more than $20 total.
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM
Thrifty. I'll get a couple things for DD. Then I'll let her pick out a gift basket she likes or toy on clearance on the day after Easter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)