Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here we go again....

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:19 PM
  • 32 Replies

DH's overtime hours will be cut out in a couple of weeks.   Sigh.  It's been nice not having to worry about every single penny, but it looks like we'll be back to square one.  Back to being the intense frugalista.

cryingbanging head into wall

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:12 AM

Sorry! That sucks, but if anyone can do it, you can!

diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:42 AM
Hugs.
smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:55 AM

Oh man, I know how that is. I always prepared for it, always hoping it wouldn't happen but it always did and I would always handle it and growing up, my kids never knew how much we had to scramble.

WickedOpal
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 3:02 AM
I am so there. DH lost his job and took a new one making $2 less an.hour. The issue is that we are living in a camper and can't store much. I told DH that we need to experiment more with making meals that day, for meat that won't keep, or finding new ways to cook with canned meat. He is actually sabotaging me more than I had hoped. Ugh!
michiganmom116
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!  I know I CAN, I just don't want to  LOL

Quoting Lindalou907:

Sorry! That sucks, but if anyone can do it, you can!

michiganmom116
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Thanks!

Quoting diaperstodating: Hugs.

michiganmom116
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Yeah, I should have known the easier times were too good to last for long.  We'll handle it but the kids (all teens) have to know so that they can take some responsibility for their spending needs, too.

Quoting smokeyjo:

Oh man, I know how that is. I always prepared for it, always hoping it wouldn't happen but it always did and I would always handle it and growing up, my kids never knew how much we had to scramble.

michiganmom116
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Wow, I bow to you.  Your situation sounds a lot more stressful than mine!

Quoting WickedOpal: I am so there. DH lost his job and took a new one making $2 less an.hour. The issue is that we are living in a camper and can't store much. I told DH that we need to experiment more with making meals that day, for meat that won't keep, or finding new ways to cook with canned meat. He is actually sabotaging me more than I had hoped. Ugh!

WickedOpal
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
It's only for a short time. That's my mantra. It helps to remind myself of that daily or more. LOL

Quoting michiganmom116:

Wow, I bow to you.  Your situation sounds a lot more stressful than mine!

Quoting WickedOpal: I am so there. DH lost his job and took a new one making $2 less an.hour. The issue is that we are living in a camper and can't store much. I told DH that we need to experiment more with making meals that day, for meat that won't keep, or finding new ways to cook with canned meat. He is actually sabotaging me more than I had hoped. Ugh!

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 1:10 PM

If anyone can handle it....it's you.  You rock!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)