Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bummed Out About Yerdle

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:10 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi ladies!

i opened a Yerdle account, used some of the free points, and got some AWESOME Barbie gowns for my granddaughter!

So I had some extra points, saw a shirt I wanted, but it was 5 points more than the points I had. I would have had to pay $5 extra, plus the shipping was $5. I sent the seller a message, asking if she would take a $5 lower amount! and I waited overnight to hear from her.

The next day I checked the site to see if she had answered me, and I saw that she GAVE the shirt to someone else!

I was bummed out :(  I don't understand how this website works. I read some reviews about some shady practices, like people holding items for people without a reason, or employees buying things very cheaply, then turning around and selling the item for a much higher price. People giving the seller sob stories, and begging them to give the item instead of selling it. 

Man, I really wanted that shirt.....

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sahaira
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:22 PM

That sucks! I only used it to go my free first item which was a really nice doll and that experience was great no problems.

i haven't tried or looked at it since.

im wondering if people holding items is because they know the person they are holding it for but they live in another state and the shipping is less expensive through yerdle? I dunno I'm not sure what else it could be.

Memere60
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Sahaira:

That sucks! I only used it to go my free first item which was a really nice doll and that experience was great no problems.

im wondering if people holding items is because they know the person they are holding it for but they live in another state and the shipping is less expensive through yerdle? I dunno I'm not sure what else it could be.

Maybe so about the holding of items.

but giving things away when someone was willing to buy it? I just wish I knew how to navigate this website :(

I got nothin' !!!!!

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:07 PM
I joined but have not used my credit yet. I don't see where I can search for specific things I want. Also I don't understand the wording. Like giving away.. Should it not say selling.. I don't get it either. I wanted to sell some baby clothes on there and it just did not seem like I would get it sold. I think I will just try selling on anothe website.
Sahaira
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I'm not sure I'll probably go on there to look at costumes not for Halloween but for play dress up soon

Quoting Memere60:

Quoting Sahaira:

Maybe so about the holding of items.

but giving things away when someone was willing to buy it? I just wish I knew how to navigate this website :(

I got nothin' !!!!!

Sahaira
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Your first purchase is totally worth it if you find something nice on there so I would recommend doing that as for selling I would choose eBay.

Quoting Jsanchez125: I joined but have not used my credit yet. I don't see where I can search for specific things I want. Also I don't understand the wording. Like giving away.. Should it not say selling.. I don't get it either. I wanted to sell some baby clothes on there and it just did not seem like I would get it sold. I think I will just try selling on anothe website.

Memere60
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Try looking up 'Varage Sale'. They are all over the place, I think. I have 2 pretty close to me. You sign up through Facebook, so they can verify that you are someone who can be traced (and trusted). I bought two things from a woman. We met at a neutral location (she lives in the next town over from me). You don't have to ship anything, so that's nice. 

Quoting Jsanchez125: I joined but have not used my credit yet. I don't see where I can search for specific things I want. Also I don't understand the wording. Like giving away.. Should it not say selling.. I don't get it either. I wanted to sell some baby clothes on there and it just did not seem like I would get it sold. I think I will just try selling on anothe website.

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM
Thank you. They did not have one near me but I searched and they have a group where you can sell children's clothing and ship it to them. I'm going to try to sell my breast pump first and see if I can get it sold.

Quoting Memere60:

Try looking up 'Varage Sale'. They are all over the place, I think. I have 2 pretty close to me. You sign up through Facebook, so they can verify that you are someone who can be traced (and trusted). I bought two things from a woman. We met at a neutral location (she lives in the next town over from me). You don't have to ship anything, so that's nice. 

Memere60
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Good to know. I hope it works out for you :)

Quoting Jsanchez125: Thank you. They did not have one near me but I searched and they have a group where you can sell children's clothing and ship it to them. I'm going to try to sell my breast pump first and see if I can get it sold.
Quoting Memere60:

crystal8807
by on Sep. 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I used it for my first free item, I still have points left but I dont want to pay the shipping.

Sahaira
by Member on Sep. 27, 2015 at 9:08 AM

That's exactly what I did haha what did you get?

Quoting crystal8807:

I used it for my first free item, I still have points left but I dont want to pay the shipping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)