Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you get your drinking water?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:52 AM
  • 24 Replies
Our tap water here is terrible. We have lake Erie water and made national news last year for our water crises. It's not safe to drink several months out of the year. Dh and I have been refilling 5 gallon jugs at kroger from the reverse osmosis system for 2 years now. It's about $4/week. Is this our best bet for safe water? Or is there something cheaper I should consider? It's a pita to haul those 5 gallon jugs. Especially when dh can't come help me.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:07 AM

we have well water. I don't like the smell or taste. And buy water at walmart.  I think I pay .88 for each one. (gallon size)

Melodee0119
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:49 AM
We have well water but it pretty good we do have a house filter and then we generally get our drinking water from the fridge that has a extra filter.
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:27 PM
We buy water from Sam's Club or Costco and also use Brita pitcher.
AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM
I looked at the Britain pitcher. We go through almost 10 gallons per week just in drinking water though. Wouldn't the filters get pricey?

Quoting BeachLifeMama: We buy water from Sam's Club or Costco and also use Brita pitcher.
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:10 PM
We just started using Brita pitcher. Got it as a birthday gift from my aunt and she also gave me 3 pack filter. So we'll see.

Quoting AutasticMomx2: I looked at the Britain pitcher. We go through almost 10 gallons per week just in drinking water though. Wouldn't the filters get pricey?

Quoting BeachLifeMama: We buy water from Sam's Club or Costco and also use Brita pitcher.
Frankiexo
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Honestly, ive boiled my water and then froze it - it tasted just like bottle. It helped til i saved up for the Brita filter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Well water, filtered in the lines.

We used to have a reverse osmosis system.  It worked great but the filters were pricey.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I used to have a PUR pitcher, similar to the Brita, and went through at least 2 gallons a day for drinking.  I bought 12 filters a year through ebay for around $55.

Quoting AutasticMomx2: I looked at the Britain pitcher. We go through almost 10 gallons per week just in drinking water though. Wouldn't the filters get pricey?

AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not bad at all.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I used to have a PUR pitcher, similar to the Brita, and went through at least 2 gallons a day for drinking.  I bought 12 filters a year through ebay for around $55.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:52 PM
The filters have a three month life span; it's not dependent upon how much water you filter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)