Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Multi level marketing

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM
  • 44 Replies
What are your thoughts?

A friend signed up to be a LuLaRoe consultant at the end of January. She made her initial $5k investment (all product, no fees) back in TWO weeks.

Sadly, there is now a waiting list. I signed up, though. I suspect it's very well a fad, but right now, there is money to be made! And those prints! My goal is a vacation & to pay off our van.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, no. I'm not up for bugging all my friends to blow a bunch of money. Good luck.
Anonomama
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not into most of those types of thing. I think most people find its a lot more work than they ever expected to barely break even. Unless of course you get the down line going. But on the other hand, those leggings are all the rage right now and if you market yourself right, you have potential to do well.
dawncs
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:22 PM

I would not recommend getting into it. It is not as easy as it seems. I once tried selling Avon, and I would not do it again. I do love the product. Unless you know a lot of people interested in it, you will not do well with it if there is a lot of consultants. I do have my own business, but it is not a multi level marketing firm type of business.

Dawn
Asperger Syndrome Published Author and Blogger
Asperger Syndrome diagnosed May 1997 as an adult
My Author Blog 
My Author Website

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate mlms. I refuse to have anything to do with them.
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:38 PM

I'm not a salesperson.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:12 AM
That's exactly my thought process. I'm not planning to make a lifelong career out of this - just while it's the rage.

Quoting Anonomama: I'm not into most of those types of thing. I think most people find its a lot more work than they ever expected to barely break even. Unless of course you get the down line going. But on the other hand, those leggings are all the rage right now and if you market yourself right, you have potential to do well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:14 AM
I don't intend to. People are obsessed with these things. They sell themselves. Plus, LLR matches fundraising. I'm excited about hosting online LLR pop ups & helping people raise funds!

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Yeah, no. I'm not up for bugging all my friends to blow a bunch of money. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:14 AM
LLR is still relatively new. Including me, there will be 4 consultants in our area of 40k people.

Quoting dawncs:

I would not recommend getting into it. It is not as easy as it seems. I once tried selling Avon, and I would not do it again. I do love the product. Unless you know a lot of people interested in it, you will not do well with it if there is a lot of consultants. I do have my own business, but it is not a multi level marketing firm type of business.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunnybabe
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:54 AM
Must not be too popular, I've never heard of it. The one I've been having to unfollow people on fb over is currently Thrive. Maybe you should do that.

Quoting lillybug222: I don't intend to. People are obsessed with these things. They sell themselves. Plus, LLR matches fundraising. I'm excited about hosting online LLR pop ups & helping people raise funds!

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Yeah, no. I'm not up for bugging all my friends to blow a bunch of money. Good luck.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 7:25 AM

I've heard of it.  Even been invited to a few parties.  Nooooooo interest in buying it or in having a party or in selling it.

i hate all that mlm crap.  So annoying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)