Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ways to save with an infant

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM
  • 32 Replies
I am expecting in June. WhAt are some frugal ways to get the things I need for an infant?
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:24 AM
I would suggest buying at least 3 boxes of diapers in each size and keeping the receipts. If he/she outgrows them before you open the box you can exchange them. Also buy a ton wipes every time you see it on sale. I would sign up for reward points to the type of diapers you will use. I use huggies and I have received 2 bags of free diapers with them because of the points I save. Also buy clothes used
WendyDB
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:32 AM
We didn't know the sex of our baby until she was delivered. With being said my baby shower was amazing, I didn't buy the first diaper until she was almost 7 months old!!! Look for sales on diapers and wipes and stock up! Don't go crazy on clothes they wear things like twice before they out grow it. Yard sales for clothes aND toys.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 AM
Cloth diaper, generic when possible, make baby food, store brand diapers
Debmomto2teens
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Garage sales! We had a local mothers of twins and triplets club that had bi-annual clothing sales. I got a ton of stuff for my 3 year old and infant. I've gotten a new bassinet at a garage sale for $25.

Also, one important thing I leaned, they do not need a lot of things. My kids never liked their exersaucer or bouncy seat. They don't need a hundred "toys".
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't have to work and not pay childcare the price for everything else is not that much.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Cloth diaper if possible, generic diapers if not.  Talk to an experienced mom to find out the things you MUST have and the little things you can do without....for instance, I didn't always have wipes and used a warm wet washcloth instead or made my own wipes.  Buy everything secondhand but the carseat and crib, unless you get something new at a baby shower.

sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:03 PM

I need to sign up for the Huggies rewards. I have heard good things about that.

Quoting Jsanchez125: I would suggest buying at least 3 boxes of diapers in each size and keeping the receipts. If he/she outgrows them before you open the box you can exchange them. Also buy a ton wipes every time you see it on sale. I would sign up for reward points to the type of diapers you will use. I use huggies and I have received 2 bags of free diapers with them because of the points I save. Also buy clothes used

sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:04 PM

With being 6 months pregnant I should start looking for sales on diapers and wipes now and stock up.

Quoting WendyDB: We didn't know the sex of our baby until she was delivered. With being said my baby shower was amazing, I didn't buy the first diaper until she was almost 7 months old!!! Look for sales on diapers and wipes and stock up! Don't go crazy on clothes they wear things like twice before they out grow it. Yard sales for clothes aND toys.

sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Any good websites for making homemade baby food?

Quoting MixedCooke: Cloth diaper, generic when possible, make baby food, store brand diapers

sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:06 PM

I am a single mom so not working is not an option at all. I am hoping that the birth father will help with babysitting when I am working.

Quoting virginiamama71:

If you don't have to work and not pay childcare the price for everything else is not that much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)