Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holiday decor items

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

Do you keep them for a long time or get new ones every year? What do you do with the *old* items that are still in working/useable condition? Trash it or give it away/donate? Do you make your own decor items? Feel free to share pix of any from any holidays.

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:41 PM
Keep unless it's not working and even then try and salvage what I can.
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Aug. 7, 2016 at 3:27 AM
Old ones until it doesn't work anymore.
Debmomto2teens
by on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:22 AM
Keep everything until it breaks or becomes too dingy looking. The only new thing I get every year is an ornament. We get a new one from different vacations or events that year.

My oldest is starting college this year and we are getting a Christmas ornament from the campus store.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM

I use mostly fresh decor...greens, pinecones, etc.  I love the smell of pine!!

Last year, I got all new LED string lights....they're cheaper to use and don't get hot like regular lights.  The older lights still worked so I donated them to goodwill.

diaperstodating
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2016 at 7:01 PM
Keep
Alieda
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 12:39 AM

Keep 

SarineLewis
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM
We've kept until moving across the country. Then we keep only ones with special meaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 11, 2016 at 1:56 PM

how do you store your items?

Quoting MixedCooke: Keep unless it's not working and even then try and salvage what I can.

Come check out  ThriftyMomsandMakingMoneyOnline or msg me for info and links for earning money online with swagbucks, IGC and more. sales and freebies posted in the group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/ThriftyMomsandMakingMoneyOnline

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM

what's the oldest item you have?

Quoting BeachLifeMama: Old ones until it doesn't work anymore.

Come check out  ThriftyMomsandMakingMoneyOnline or msg me for info and links for earning money online with swagbucks, IGC and more. sales and freebies posted in the group!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 11, 2016 at 1:58 PM

oh very nice...is the college far away or in state?

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Keep everything until it breaks or becomes too dingy looking. The only new thing I get every year is an ornament. We get a new one from different vacations or events that year. My oldest is starting college this year and we are getting a Christmas ornament from the campus store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)