Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 Most Expensive Cities in the US to Raise a Family

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM
  • 4 Replies

As any parent knows, having kids is expensive. But just how expensive can depend quite a bit on where you choose to raise your family.

Here, a list of the 10 most expensive US cities for rearing little ones, according to WalletHub, census data, and information from the Economic Policy Institute, which tracks costs of living, including food, childcare, transportation, and more.

Spoiler alert: California is not exactly a bargain. The sunny weather is gonna cost you. 

Do you live in or near one of these cities?

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2016 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you'd only catch me dead in a city like that.  There are good and bad points to any location, but I prefer my "country" life.

Debmomto2teens
by Member on Dec. 18, 2016 at 3:54 PM
I live in a city and don't find it unreasonable. My mortgage is under $800, taxes are cheaper compared to the suburbs. I love going camping but I would be bored out of my mind not living in the city.
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2016 at 4:00 PM
The closest major city to me is DC. I love visiting but couldn't live in the city.
The County I live in is expensive too.
lucy1997
by on Dec. 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I live on a lake surrounded by woods.  Nearest town with a grocery store is 20 miles away.  Housing isn't cheap where I live but the peace and quiet is worth it to me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)